IPO or Quest and why?

Rosey

Okay, which one and why? The IPO is on amazon for $55. Is there a reason to spend the extra $$$ on the Mac? The only difference I really see is the 5 pound weight diff which isn't the big a deal for us. I also saw the IPO is a bit heavier, but some reviewers are saying because of this it requires more weight on the handlebars to tip it.

Thoughts? It would be for regular use for a 26# one year old.

ADS

Rosey

Anyone have experience with one, the other, or both?

I have been reading reviews and they are both being rated above average. I see the same complaints popping up every now and then about a small basket, small canopy, and being tippy. Actually I see the tippy comment more on the Mac, but the IPO has more complaints of defective products...I assume because it is new.

The only downside I can see to the IPO is that is doesn't have pockets in the back of the canopy but I was going to buy an organizer anyhow, and I do not know its longevity. I have to decide if this is worth the money saved. Any input is welcome.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The Quest will have much nicer steering, one handed pushability, a very small fold, and higher quality construction than the Ipo...you kind of have to find a store that sells both and try them out with a kid in them to know which you like (I don't think a lot of us would have both, since the Quest is just really so good :eek:)

:)

eri

i absolutely love my quest...it is my favorite of my strollers (i also have a zapp and the european equivalent of a britax vigour)

What's the IPO?

I like the Quest cuz of the weight, but will prolly go another way cuz it's incredibly tippy (like most umbrella strollers). If you're gonna get an organizer to hang on the back, see if you can try it out in the store. You can't hang much from the back of most light umbrella strollers.

Rosey

The Graco IPO looks like a Maclaren knockoff. It gets good reviews (about half a star lower than the Mac Quest) on multiple sites and you can get one on amazon for $55.

However, it is a new stroller model so I am not sure of its longevity. That is why I am leaning toward the quest which I can get in Blue Fleur on albeebaby for $119. Can anyone tell me if this looks too girly if I have a boy in the future? http://www.albeebaby.com/ma20qumodsti3.html

You input was helpful......its always good to hear from people who love their strollers.

I was looking at the Zapp but the price and the short handles have turned me away.

lovinwaves

The Graco IPO looks like a Maclaren knockoff. It gets good reviews (about half a star lower than the Mac Quest) on multiple sites and you can get one on amazon for $55.

However, it is a new stroller model so I am not sure of its longevity. That is why I am leaning toward the quest which I can get in Blue Fleur on albeebaby for $119. Can anyone tell me if this looks too girly if I have a boy in the future? http://www.albeebaby.com/ma20qumodsti3.html

You input was helpful......its always good to hear from people who love their strollers.

I was looking at the Zapp but the price and the short handles have turned me away.

If my budget was $55 I would get an IPO. The seat did feel like cheaper construction, and maybe not as much padding, but it was still a cute and stylish stroller. Felt very Maclarenish, and the color orange was really nice in person. Definitely does not look like a typical Graco. :)

The zapp may have shorter handles, but I do not kick it(and I have a problem kicking most strollers :( ). The back wheels are very spread apart, and there is nothing immediately there to kick. You can find them for $199, with free shipping.

Of those three I think the Maclaren is going to give you the most versatility. :twocents:

eri

i debated long and hard about triumph vs. volo and i got the triumph because i can always downgrade to a volo and sell the triumph when the baby is older!

Rosey

Okay, I got the triumph on babye.com and I am anxiously waiting. You all talked me into it because if I buy it for 119 and sell it for 50 or 60 I have paid what I was going to pay for an IPO :) Ya'll were a lot of help!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC