Anyone else not tempted by the Britax Sale?

niccig

I'm not buying anything during the sale - I have 4 carseats for one kiddo, and they work perfectly for us at the moment.

I have a Safety First Uptown which is great for the babysitter and travel, a Blvd, a Como, and a Safeguard. I have a 32lb 37" 3yo, so he can easily use all of these seats for years - the safety first will be the first outgrown and I think he'll get close to 5 in that.

Anyone else not tempted?

ADS

arly1983

Does it count if I am not tempted by the britax seats but just a sale? I can't take it when there is a good deal (on anything) I have to restain myself.

jka1217

Tempted by a sale, not tempted to get another seat. I have a Radian in my car, 2 Uptowns, 1 at grandma's, 1 in DH's car, and a Scenera in the house for when we carpool for playgroup. It was 2 Sceneras, but I just sold one to a mom in my playgroup.

I like the Britax seats, I just helped a friend install her Marathon, and it was really easy. But, in using the Radian, I find that I'm really happy with my decision to get it.

abacus2

Well, I have a Decathlon, a FPSVD, a Parkway, and a Nautilus. I have two cars and two kids; these seats should last me a long time. What I really want is a Radian, at least to play around with, but I don't need it.

Melanie

I'm not. We have two seats for two kids, well two seats that fit them. I'm occasionally tempted to purchase spares. About once a month or two we wind up driving the girls in hubby's car and have to move seats & then move them back to my car. I just have a hard time justifying the cost to myself since they would be used so rarely. And I'd still have to install in DH car, just not reinstall back into mine.

I hope the next time I need to buy a seat it's around sale time.

scatterbunny

I'm not tempted, either.

My dd is 6 and only has an inch in the Regent. Not worth buying.

The Parkway is too tippy and the shoulderbelt falls out of the stupid belt guide when she unbuckles, driving us all batty. The seat depth, the way it slopes, is also inadequate for her looong legs.

The Monarch is too heavy for me to be comfortable with and has the same belt guide as the Parkway, so I think we'd have the same problem. The seat depth is better, but still not wonderful.

So, nope, there's nothing that Britax has on the market currently that my daughter fits in that sparks my interest.

I'm thinking my next booster purchase will be a Jane Indy (not Indy Plus, the rigid LATCH version). It's lightweight, adjusts very tall and has the belt guides I prefer (similar to the Compass B510 that we love, but is going to be outgrown within the next year, most likely).

If we get a vehicle with lower anchors (instead of only top tethers), I'm sure I'll want a Sunshine Kids Monterey. :whistle:

But today dd used our Recaro Start and since I didn't lock the shoulderbelt lockoff, she enjoyed riding in it. The seat depth is wonderful, side impact protection seems great, sleep support is awesome, it adjusts really tall and it top tethers.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I'm not tempted, but mainly because we already own a Regent, MA, FPSVD, Parkway, AND FPSV booster, among other seats. I think we're set on Britax seats. :D

(Plus DH would KILL me if I bought another seat. :eek:)

LuvBug

nope not at all. The only thing britax DS fits in anymore is the regent and boosters. He isn't mature enough for boosters and we already have a regent, husky, and parkway... no need for anything, even on sale :p

MomToEliEm

I already have two regents, so I don't think I need anything else right now. It may be a great sale for others, but luckily I don't need anything at the current time.

Leila

I'm not tempted either. I do need to replace J-Man's Compass B510 :(...but I'm waiting a bit since he won't need the seat until June.

houseofboys

I'm not tempted either... although I'd love another GN for in DH's car. :rolleyes: The Regent is just too big for his little car & I hear it's hard to install in an '02 Oddysey. Otherwise I might be tempted on that one. Our two HBBs are expiring next year, so I thought about getting a Parkway or two but I'm going to wait & see what's out there then. I'd like latchable boosters when we replace them.

bethng

Does it count if I am not tempted by the britax seats but just a sale? I can't take it when there is a good deal (on anything) I have to restain myself.

Me too! I want to buy my daycare a MA lol. Hold me back! I also want a parkway and Monarch..just cause I want them! I dont NEED them. Somebody needs to start a 12 step program for carseat-a -holics!:D

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Me. I'm good for now. I got an RA for $109 last year..they can't beat that this year that I've seen! :). Also I'm loving my Radian 65...and the big kids are good with their seats. So I'm holding out for a Frontier and maybe a couple of Montereys, don't need anything this week (uh, so I bought another stroller instead, is that bad? ;) )

Melizerd

Nope not tempted. I have one child, one car and one seat :D

Now if Gabe were close to outgrowing the MA rear facing then I might be tempted for a Regent.

ZephyrBlue

I wasn't tempted until just now, when I bought the Mariposa MA for DS- $164.99. I wasn't going to buy new seats until the Frontier comes out, but the price was too good and I caved, LOL!

dhardawa

I'm not tempted for many reasons. First, I have 3 Marathons, 1 Roundabout, 1 Boulevard, and 6 Parkways for two kids. Second, I can order them at wholesale anytime. So, no, no temptation here!

southpawboston

not at all tempted. we have two kids and one car. we already have four recaros and a scenera... five seats total. god knows we don't need another seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC