toddler and new baby

Mae

should my SIL just get a double stroller? she's expecting and will be using the ss1 with the new baby. my nephew is VERY stubborn, so should we just strap him up in a double, with the carseat attached too? what have you guys done with your children?

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
SS1- SafeSeat1 (a Graco infant seat).

Does your DN still ride in a stroller?

My sister has a 24.5-month-old and a 6-day-old. The 2-year-old definitely doesn't ride in a stroller very often anymore, so they didn't buy a double. DN will occasionally still want to hitch a ride, but it is rare.

firemomof3

I used the Phil & Ted E3 stroller with my newborn and toddler and it was GREAT!! It is worth checking out! I now have the Baby Jogger City Series Double and I don't like as much, but as far as double strollers go,..this is the best.

Mae

well he'll be 24 months and 2 weeks when the new ones here, we're just figuring out carseats and strollers and beds ect. now so she knows what she has to buy-- I don't know how soon he'll grow out of his stubborness, I hear she was stubborn for years as a child! -- wait, she still is! lol. anyways, she's not due till sept. but idk how crazy he'll get in public (running off..hes bad now, but he'll be older)

is the phil and ted e3 stroller compatible with the ss1? how much does it cost?

Mae

lol well that's just her due date, and if this one would be born on dday as was DN1, they'll be 2 years, 2 weeks, and...4 days lol. thats pretty interesting though!

Melanie

My little girls are 2 years 3 wks apart. We frequently use a double stroller. DD is very good about staying with me (and was at 2). She just likes to be in a stroller sometimes. If it's just a quick trip I will take a single stroller and sling the baby if my toddler wants to ride. With a "runner" kid, I'd definitely get a double. It will be very normal for him to regress and act up when the new baby arrives. I'm thinking that in the middle of a melt down she could buckle him in and not worry about him getting away or hurting himself.

I'd recommend staying away from the sit & stand types. They aren't that much smaller than a regular double. I thought it would be the perfect everyday stroller for us...but in real world usage it was a waste. My DD always wants to sit and there is so little room. Once the baby is out of the bucket-the front seat isn't very comfortable for either kid.

southpawboston

it's hard to say, but i would go with a double. even if a toddler is stubborn now and doesn't need to ride in a stroller, that dynamic can change in a major way once a little sibling enters the picture! our toddler was loving her independence from a stroller, but once she saw her little sister (20 months apart) being in the stroller, *she* suddenly "needed" to be in the stroller.

sibling dynamics change things a lot.

plus, once the sibling comes along, the strolls may become longer because of frequent stops for nursing, diaper changing, etc. the toddler may tire more readily and want to rest in the stroller.

andbabiesmake4

I would definately be getting a double... e3 would be perfect... that was our fav double for sure and used it up until a few weeks ago. DS1 still fit in it but DS2 was too heavy for the back seat so we had to give it up :(

kimogilvie

I'd always reccoment the P&T sport (e3) for a closely spaced siblings. It's an awesome double, especially since it can also be a single if you only have one child with you or one doesn't want to ride that day. I'm not sure what car seats it takes since I don't typically use car seats in my stroller. But not too many strollers do take the ss1, since it's so large.

skaterbabs

There are only 20 months between my boys and I would have been LOST without our double stroller. We do tend to use a stroller longer than average though.

Mae

thanks for all your comments and input! I'll take a look at the e3 and find out if it'll take the ss1.

Mae

so I took a look, they look cool, but it says to not use a travel system in tandem with it...:( it'd be pretty nice if we could just move the cs from the base and lock it onto a stroller..

Mae

hm. I was reading the FAQs and it says that you can use your cs with it, most brands. which are britax, evenflo and graco .. so does this mean the ss1?! I'd assume because as someone else said, most strollers compatible with the snugride are compatible with the safeseat as well.. :D

------
edit.

thats only with the travel system stroller :mad:

----
edit. again.

they have some adapter thing. could I just attach that to a normal double stroller?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC