I need to rent a car this weekend, need input

CandCfam

I want to go either Economy or Compact, choices would be like an Aveo for Economy, or a Kia Rio for Compact.

They can't guarantee what I'd get, it's based on availability at the time of booking.

I will need to have the Parkway and the Marathon in there, which would be best?

How is the fit and installation in an Aveo? Rio?

Scrap it and jump $10 and go for an Intermediate (rather not, but will if I have to).

TIA:)

ADS

SillyLily

You shouldn't have too many problems with the install/fit of the seats since you don't have to worry about trying to rearface a seat. I would probably go with the compact over the economy, since it will be *slightly* larger.

Most rental agencies you can find a coupon for a free upgrade, you just bring it with you to the counter when you pick up the car or use it online if you are able to. It depends on what agency you rent from. Also, if you are a member of AAA, USAA, or depending on what credit cards you have, you may have discounts or upgrades you can get through them that will save you some $$$.

jka1217

We have an 2006 Aveo hatchback. To use two seats in the back, you will have to use the two outboard positions and won't be able to use the center seating position. I suppose because there is not enough room. Ours has LATCH for the outboard seating positions as well.

I have only installed a RF Scenera (that was very upright) and a FF Safety 1st Uptown. Both were seatbelt installs, very easy to get in there, fit well. The only issue might be the height of your seats, the ceiling in ours seems low. I could measure if needed.

Can't help on the Rio.

vonfirmath

How much OTHER gear will you be tracking along? With just one baby, at Christmas we were thankful to have our Intermediate to be able to have room for all the gear. (esp. the stroller and our 2 suitcases and box of baby carseat base+clothes)

CandCfam

We have an 2006 Aveo hatchback. To use two seats in the back, you will have to use the two outboard positions and won't be able to use the center seating position. I suppose because there is not enough room. Ours has LATCH for the outboard seating positions as well.

I have only installed a RF Scenera (that was very upright) and a FF Safety 1st Uptown. Both were seatbelt installs, very easy to get in there, fit well. The only issue might be the height of your seats, the ceiling in ours seems low. I could measure if needed.

Can't help on the Rio.

Thanks for that info!

Hmmm... if you have the time to measure, that would be great. :)

How much OTHER gear will you be tracking along? With just one baby, at Christmas we were thankful to have our Intermediate to be able to have room for all the gear. (esp. the stroller and our 2 suitcases and box of baby carseat base+clothes)

It's just for around town here at home, so just the girls and I (Collin is flying to Woodbridge, NJ Friday morning, so he won't be in the car), and if I go see my sister on Saturday, the dog and an overnight bag for us.
I have to leave my van at the mechanics for some sleuthing of the transmission and some maintenance upkeep; We only have the one vehicle, so I need another to get around in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC