What should I do?

melniemi

I ordered a mariposa from babyage. They will not price match w/babyuniverse because my seat already shipped. They'll offer me a $15 gift card - after going to the vice president - but with their 7.95 shipping, that is pooey anyway. It was 198 after fatwallet.

I ordered a 2nd from babyuniverse for 158 after fatwallet.

If I return my seat to babyage I will only lose on return shipping - no restock fees or responsibility for initial shipping - I asked the supervisor. And she said $30.93 to ship. How much does it really cost to ship a ma?

Is it worth returning my babyage seat to get one from babyuniverse? I might only save $20 if I can manage to return it for $20. WWYD???????

I hate when I find better deals after the fact.

ADS

Laurenc0101

Nothing fancy to offer here, but how about selling the first one locally (like on Craigslist or something) next week after the sales are over? That way the prices will have returned to normal, but someone could still get a deal for a brand new MA for around $200 and you would recoup your first purchase expense. Or do you need both seats?

melniemi

I need 2 seats. I'm thinking of returning the one I ordered from babyage and ordering a 2nd from babyuniverse. I'd save $40 minus return shipping to babyage. I don't know what shipping would be to return it.

No Craigslist around here. Well, there is, but there may as well not be. It is pathetic. No one here understands the importance of seats and they throw 5 kids in the backseat of a lil car. I'd be lucky to get $10 for it locally.

melniemi

ok, then, that answers my question! I was wondering how long that price would last. I sure hope it is a decent dom.

nhlbluesgirl

I also called Baby Age to see about the price match. They told me that they have had other calls about matching the price from babyunivers and would not match it (even if it was in stock). :mad:

melniemi

babyage also said that if they lower their OWN price later in the sale, they will NOT give you the reduced price - even if you just purchased it a day before. Rotten I think. I'll be shopping elsewhere from now on.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC