WWYD - switch from Wizard to Regent or not

monzogary

Senior Community Member
OK, the big Britax sale has me really wanting to buy Laura a Madison Regent just like her sister has. It would eliminate any fighting, mostly because I had to move Heather's harness up a slot a while back and Laura can no longer ride in her sister's seat once in a while like she could when we first got the Regent last summer. Laura still fits fine in her Wizard except for her big thighs make it harder to buckle her without pinching. I was going to wait until she really outgrew the Wizard to replace it as I like the fact that it has the TSIP wings and that she can sleep in it so comfortably. On the other hand, I drive a 2005 Odyssey which has side air bags, so would the loss of TSIP really make much difference? I already know that I can install the Regent in the middle captains chairs as I already have Heather's in SBP w/recline bar, so that fact that some people can't install it well in the '05 Ody capt's chairs has no bearing. Laura is 4 1/2, 40 3/4" tall, weighs 45# and her torso is 14 3/4" long. So this whole long spiel to ask, would you move her to a Regent now while its on sale or wait?
P.S. I was also considering the Nautilus for her, but if I can get the Regent for less than $50 more I think I would do that instead as I think it would be more comfortable her her long term as she is wider and shorter.

ADS

mom2riley

I would go ahead and switch her now. It sounds like it would be comfier for her and she would enjoy having the Regent.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd switch her. I'm having to sit on my credit cards not to do the same exact thing for Piper, move her from the Wizard she fits into to a Madison Regent for that price. Oh man I want to!!!! And Piper would be over the moon.

Wendy

Momof4Girls

I'm honestly going to miss my Wizard when it expires...I've had a couple friends comment enviously on the angled headrest for comfier sleeping in the car. I love it....

My dd3 will be in the Wizard until she outgrows it or it expires...whichever comes first! If she outgrows it before it expires, one of my toher littles will use it :)

Raechel

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC