Wife Swap Looking for Safety-Minded Families

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I just got an email from a producer of Wife Swap. They're looking for families who are very interested in children's safety. Which is great. Except you know that once the wives are swapped, all of a sudden there will be no safety rules in the "safe" house. The new mom will probably throw away all the car seats and bike helmets.

Just thought I'd let you know in case any of you are interested in exposing your family to certain peril. ;)

ADS

southpawboston

interesting recipe for conflict. you KNOW that's what it's all about... pair up two families with incompatible values and then swap the wives. so now they're going to use safety as the point of conflict.

MomToEliEm

I would be too scared. You just know they will have someone really opposite and "non-safety-minded" and I just don't think I could handle that.

It should be an interesting show though.

melniemi

I would be too scared to hear about my kids bopping around the back seat, unbuckled, riding bikes without helmets, and so on. It should be fun to watch - I hope they have car safety in there as well - and with good info. I could never leave my kids for 2 weeks to do the show and dh wouldn't do so well with some other woman trying to run the house either:rolleyes:

Mama2J

I could not leave my J to do a show like that either, and I would be having heart attacks thinking about how he was riding in the car. Not to mention he would not let me leave him!

I've only seen this show once. One family had a homeschooling co-sleeping mom with 7-8 kids. The youngest I believe was under a year old, so I'm surprised she agreed to do this. The other family had 2 kids and the parents worked 60 or so hours a week and lived in a big house. You can imagine the conflict with those two families!

Simplysomething

Want mine, starlight?

I think, with kids the right age, you wouldn't be able to get them to "ditch" the car-seats and other safety equipment. The ones who understand that this is a safety thing and not a choice.

I've seen a few episodes where the children refused to abide by the "new moms" rules because they felt they were unsafe, or contrary to their values. I'm not talking stupid stuff either. Like omg, mom is sooo mean, she like didn't let us like watch tv after dinner, omg!

Though I think the parents who go on those shows are attention whores, so there is that.

natysr

The concept of this episode frightens and disturbs me to my very core. I can't wait to see it air though. :eek:

melniemi

Someone who's husband is just as safety conscious as they are needs to do this. That way he can override anything too unreasonable to keep the kiddos safe. Anyone????

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
My DH is at LEAST as into safety as I am. I had visions of some woman trying to ditch my son's car seat, and my DH calling the sheriffs to give her a citation. That would make for great TV.

Unfortunately, you have to have at least one kid between 7 and 17, and we don't meet that criteria.

(I would almost be tempted to do it, just to get a couple other kids into properly fitting car seats!)

lovinwaves

They are probably looking for "over the top" safety type moms. I am definitely not that :p

Now if they were wanting a "clean freak" mom..well count me in :D

NOAHSMOM

I've only seen this show once. One family had a homeschooling co-sleeping mom with 7-8 kids. The youngest I believe was under a year old, so I'm surprised she agreed to do this. The other family had 2 kids and the parents worked 60 or so hours a week and lived in a big house. You can imagine the conflict with those two families!

Have you ever noticed that my times that the youngest children "disapear"? Like last week's episode the family had a baby but it was never shown. There are usaully one or two children that the show is focused on, where are the rest of the kids? I have seen it where the littlest ones are included, like when a SAHM had to drop her swapped kids off at daycare, but when the kids have nothing to do with the theme they aren't shown.

Do the families on Wife Swap recieve any payment or anything for appearing? I do wonder, especially when many have to take time off from work.

finleysmommy

I do not like the way they portray the families in this show. They would probably make the safety minded mom look "so over the top".

ali's mom

Have you ever noticed that my times that the youngest children "disapear"? Like last week's episode the family had a baby but it was never shown. There are usaully one or two children that the show is focused on, where are the rest of the kids? I have seen it where the littlest ones are included, like when a SAHM had to drop her swapped kids off at daycare, but when the kids have nothing to do with the theme they aren't shown.

Do the families on Wife Swap recieve any payment or anything for appearing? I do wonder, especially when many have to take time off from work.

I think they get $20,000.00 for doing the show as long as they complete the 2 weeks.

mommy4girls

Senior Community Member
Just thought I'd let you know in case any of you are interested in exposing your family to certain peril. ;)
I got the email too. I had the same thought about putting my children in certain peril ;) My other thought was how was I going to put up with another "husband" who was even less safety conscious than my own husband!

Knowing me I'd probably "turn" the other wife in!

Niea

I do think there is some sort of laws or regulations governing this. I've noticed this trend in many other shows, even those who are genuinely trying to help, like Shalom in the Home or Honey We're Killing Our Kids.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
No way, no thanks. I'm nearly running away screaming. I can't bring myself to watch Wife Swap, much less be a willing participant. :eek: I value my family's privacy and my sanity a bit too much I guess. :eek: To each their own, of course.

My husbadn is super saftey carseat concience like me, but what would happen when he was at work? LOL! I can only imagine. i watch a few kids out of my home.... I would love to see her buckle up 4 kids properly....and all the other stuff! I would like to see her handle my 2 dogs as well! LOL!

But....no I wouldn't subject my kids to that! :eek:But, for 20,000! :whistle::whistle::rolleyes::p;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC