I think my 2 yr old has finally outgrown...

CPS_obsessed_EMT

Senior Community Member
The SafeSeat! She'll be 2 in a few weeks and the last time I had her weighed she was 27.5 lbs. I'd get her height, but she's napping right now. She's consistantly in the 95th % for height, but as you can see it's all legs. Here are some pics from last night:

carseatpics001.jpg

carseatpics006.jpg

Shoulder slots, top slots right at shoulder level:
carseatpics003.jpg

For comparison, the Keyfit:
carseatpics008.jpg

carseatpics011.jpg

As a side note, one of our stores does have a Keyfit, but it was in the travel system section in a different area. I did play around with it and wasn't impressed :eek:

I'll be ordering the Compass from Albee for $79, and I found another site that sells the bases for $32.

ADS

Amaris

Ok, I have to ask, does anyone else find it odd that they made the top slots so high that a child has pretty much outgrown the seat by the time they are even with them? Don't get me wrong, I love the seat, but why make the top slots so high?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Ok, I have to ask, does anyone else find it odd that they made the top slots so high that a child has pretty much outgrown the seat by the time they are even with them? Don't get me wrong, I love the seat, but why make the top slots so high?

Yup. I just moved Ilana's up to the top and she really needs to get out of her seat soon (especially if she has to wear her bedtime diaper in it!). Just waiting on my Mariposa cover to cover my naked MA. ;)

Evan fit in the SS1 till 24 mos as well, he was just at 32" then. I always thought Ilana was more legs than torso, but now I'm thinking I was wrong since she's only 30".

Kat_Momof3

I think they make the top slots so tall because they want to be sure to compensate for all babies... while a 2yr old will have that longer neck, picture a 30lb 1yr old... still almost no neck.

That's how Jeffrey was.. so he would have used the top slots... not for long, mind you, but he would have used them.

libranbutterfly

I will most likely get the safeseat for ny bext child, unless there is something even better out by then. I don't generally carry the baby bucket much, but would like the ability to carry in a well bundled older baby/toddler in the winter.

fyrfightermomma

My daughter turned 2 1/2 a few days ago and I put her in the SS1 we had for our baby just to see. She is 36" and 23 pounds. While the SS1 says 32 inches, shes all legs. She has 2 inches above her head adn the top slots are still above her shoulders. I think its hilarious that she still fits yet outgrew her portabout back in the day by height at 2 1/2 months(how wierd is it that that was my favorite infant bucket ever)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC