2007 jetta

J

jmarpate

I have a 4 year son, in a booster. 2 year son in a carseat that converts to a booster. And a baby on the way. I bought a graco infant seat. The other day I went to see how this is going to work. I put infant seat in middle and then the boys booster on each side. Doesnt fit. I even tired the infant seat on outside. We just boght this car nov 06. I knew we wanted another baby and thought the car seats would fit. They dont. anyone maybe have any other ideas on what car seats might work? before we have to looking into trading my car which i dont want to do
Louisiana
Melissa

ADS

BudgieStew

Have you considered putting your oldest back in a harness and using Radians for both boys and then seeing if you can puzzle the Graco in with them.

I am also a bit curious about this since my Father just bought a 08 Jetta GLI(in my avi) and would like to know how the Radian's install in a newer Jetta.

We would only be installing two seats though. I never really had any problems installing the Radian's in his 91 Jetta.

natysr

I'm not a tech and only have 1 child, so I have no experience with attempting 3 across. Hopefully someone with more experience will have a bit more advice for you.

I will say that the Sunshine Kids Radian's are the most narrow, high weight harness convertible carseats on the market.

Also, I believe the Chicco Keyfit is the most narrow infant seat on the market.

Your 4 year old definately would be safer in a 5 point harness, as long as he fits in one, and it would be easier than having him try to buckle his seatbelt between seats. Remember, the bare minimum to use a belt positioning booster is 4 years old AND 40 pounds. Even then, most 4 year olds do not have the maturity to sit properly at all times in a booster.

Also, the most ideal condition would be to have your least protected child in the most protected part of the car. Should you choose to keep your 4 year old in a belt positioning booster, he would be safer in the middle of the back seat (assuming you can get all carseats installed properly. Should you decided to put your 4 year old back in a harnessed seat, then I would still try to put one of the forwardfacing children in the middle. Ideally (for safety) the smaller of the two forward facing children in the middle. But, if you are afraid of your 2 year old messing with the baby, you may want your 4 year old in the middle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC