Britax Marathon 195.80 Amazon Price Drop! YAY!

YAY! Bought it for 205.ish on sunday, then down to 204ish on Monday and now today 195.80! YAY!

I LOVE AMAZON! Now, if only it ships-which they guarenteed me it will they have tons of people ordering it! :)

They also have the Regent in Huntington for 201.68

They have cheap diplomats too at 199.99!

OMG! I AM IN LOVE!!!!

ADS

natysr

Yeah, the price dropped, but they added a shipping charge.

I bought it Sunday morning for $201 with free shipping. Now it is 195, but they are charging $10 for shipping.

P

pamela

Hi, Can you please list the link on amazon where you are seeing it for the $195.80 on the Marathon. I'm seeing 2 day free shipping included & seat together for $209.99 off Amazon.

Thanks!

Pamela

Re: Britax Marathon 195.80 Amazon Price Drop!Regent 199.99

Here is the link for the onyx
http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Marath...ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1204048840&sr=1-4
Here is britax REGENT for 199.99
http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Regent...ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1204048840&sr=1-2
All i did was click ont he help button hit contact us and then a button pops up call me, I hit that clicked calle me now(entered my number)-they call within a second, talked to a person in a minute or less and then said had price at this amount at 11:30 and I bought it sudnay for this price and I wanted a price adjustment. No problem they said. :)

natysr

Amazon is sooo weird. This morning it said $9.99 shipping. Now it shows free shipping, but the price is $200. They can't seem to get it straight!

P

Pamela

Thanks for the help!

When I went to purchase the Marathon seat off amazon.com the price was listed for $209.99 & free shipping, below Amazon's price there was a tab lised, "from other sellers" I saw the $195.80 with $9.99 shipping from Babyage.com.

I called Amazon via their help button and was told since the seat was being listed by a 3rd party seller for the $195.80 + $9.99 shipping they (Amazon) could not adjust the shipping of $9.99 (since it was not directly from Amazon).

So, Amazon did not help me get the shipping taken off, however... within the few minutes on the phone with Amazon the price on Amazon (buying the seat direct) dropped.

We have an Amazon Prime account (free 2nd day shipping), so I was able to get the seat for $200.80 and free 2nd day shipping. Not quite as good as the $195.80 with free shipping, but I'm planning to keep checking Amazon's site today and if I see it drop again I'll give a call and have them adjust the price.

seamonkeys

Don't bother ordering the $209 Babyage.com one through Amazon! It says $9.95 S&H, but if you go straight to babyage.com S&H is only $7.95! And if you use the code FSFEBA you'll get free shipping (for over $150 orders).

I actually used the path others have mentioned on here - sign up on fatwallet.com, then to SHOP.com, and then babyage.com. In the end it will cost me $197.38.

Ok, I will explain again how I got it for that price.
I ordered the seat on sunday for 205ish, then it dropped Monday night to 204ish and then today down to the 195ish price. But, since I already had it ordered(they have a price match of 90 days) they gave it to me for the 195ish price. :)
Now.... they aren't shipping though till Feb. 29th it says...but that is ok I am in no rush.

Spuyten Duyvil

Right now the link above shows the Onyx is 214.99 w/free shipping.

I ordered one two days ago from Amazon for 205.79, free shipping. It arrived today in perfect condition, with a Jan 08 mfg date (and 33-lb rear-facing limit on all the labels).

We opened it up and put our 8-month-old in it -- he seemed comfortable (and is already up to the 2nd harness slot!). Our almost-five-year-old tested it and said he likes his Radian 65 better. The wife, who was somewhat dubious about the color scheme, said it looked fantastic in person.

For one night, at least, everyone's happy. Hooray.

jazzpurr88

i got my cowmooflage marathon today from baby universe $209 with free ship. ordered it late thursday night. nov. 07 DOM also :thumbsup:

southpawboston

has anyone ever bothered to ask their local brick and mortar store if they'd price-match? that way you automatically save on shipping, and you support your local retailer :thumbsup:

i do that all the time with any kind of carseat, stroller, or high-ticket baby item. they always seem to price match as long as i bring them a dated printout of the special price.

Spuyten Duyvil

has anyone ever bothered to ask their local brick and mortar store if they'd price-match? that way you automatically save on shipping, and you support your local retailer :thumbsup:

i do that all the time with any kind of carseat, stroller, or high-ticket baby item. they always seem to price match as long as i bring them a dated printout of the special price.

The problem is that most local retailers simply can't genuinely compete with the big guys on price, so in practical terms getting them to price match (and our mom-and-pops do that only kicking and screaming, if at all) isn't doing them any good unless you buy other stuff while you're there.

I try to buy locally/independently wherever possible, but not in cases like this where I know exactly to the letter what I want and the local merchant adds little to no value to the transaction.

I have no where by me that would be a local merchant!(would target be??? If that is the case..they said no, lol)...but if a local small time merchant would do this I would so buy fromt here first, unfortunetly there is none!

jwren

Here are some tips I have learned..over the years shopping at Amazon... hope this helps...

The trick is, when buying from Amazon, buy from *Amazon*, make sure it ships from Amazon. When you check out make sure you select free shipping (if available), it defaults at standard shipping. If you notice you are ordering from another store through Amazon, then go to that stores website and check to see if they offer a better price or discounted shipping charge... sometimes they do...If not then buy from Amazon, it's probably safer...

Last if you ever have something in your cart and the price goes up, call and tell them, they will usually honor the price that it was when you put it in there as long as you call within a close time of the price increase.. Usually if they can't do anything else to help you they will try and give you a discount to your account that applies to the next order..If you have something in your cart and the price goes down, feel lucky.. If you buy something and the price goes down within 30 days call and they will give you a credit..

Oh and most importantly, try to call them during daytime hours for customer service issues like these, otherwise you will end up in the Philippians and they have little ability to give you these type of discounts and it will only frustrate you more.. Hope that helps...;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC