Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Travelling Stroller

I'm going to be travelling to Europe in June and am looking for a stroller to take with us as DD will be 11 months old when we're there.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I'm leaning towards the Maclaren Triumph. Does anyone own one and what have your experiences with it been? Is it really a 5-second fold? Are there less expensive options that are JUST as good????

Thanks in advance!!

Mandy

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Travelling Stroller

Where are you going? I got the Quest for travel but I think I might just buy a Volo or Triumph..I like my Quest too much to trust an airline with it..
    Zoë - 07/01/2007 (17.2lbs - 28" Uses an Evenflo Triumph Advance Rear Facing in a Kia Sedona)

CPS Fanatic

I have a Maclaren Techno as a travel stroller. Macs are great for traveling!
    Lori (I drive Cadillac Escalade ESV) SAHM to Brooks 9/13/01 seatbelt only, Brady 7/4/03 seatbelt only, Kinsadie 2/23/08 Pink Britax Frontier, and Brakin David 6/7/10 FF in a cowmooflage Britax Frontier Clicktight

Quinny Zapp? Very small folding stroller. Fits in a small duffle bag (comes with it).

Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

I second the Quinny Zapp. I love mine and think it will be great to travel with. Two other "micro fold" strollers are the Mia Moda Cielo and the Quick Smart Easy Fold. Oh and the Microlite (which is like $600).

Mindy, mom to Sicily (age 5, 37 lbs, Radian 80 princess), Lily (age 3, 30 lbs., FF in a Maxi Cosi Priori or Radian XT), and Liam (born in January, riding in a cowmoo Britax Chaperone)

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

I want one of these... http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/...mSource=Search Like the Cielo, but has armrests....
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Quote Originally Posted by eri View Post
    Where are you going? I got the Quest for travel but I think I might just buy a Volo or Triumph..I like my Quest too much to trust an airline with it..

I'm going to be visiting family in Portugal. We're planning on going for 2 weeks. A stroller will be essential as I know we'll do lots of walking.

I was looking at the Quest but, since we're a bit tight for $$, it didn't seem to have so much of a difference from the Triumph to warrant spending extra cash.

But you love it you say? Are they really nice and lightweight?

Quote Originally Posted by lovinwaves View Post
    Quinny Zapp? Very small folding stroller. Fits in a small duffle bag (comes with it).

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLily View Post
    I second the Quinny Zapp. I love mine and think it will be great to travel with. Two other "micro fold" strollers are the Mia Moda Cielo and the Quick Smart Easy Fold. Oh and the Microlite (which is like $600).

Do either of you own the Quinny Zap?? What do you like about them?

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Well for me when we're travelling I know I'd appreciate a basket and the zapp doesn't have that (unless, obviously, you get a new zapp)... I LOVE travelling with our P3.. it folds small, has the great canopy, has a carrying handle, etc

Quote Originally Posted by mpbabes View Post
    Do either of you own the Quinny Zap?? What do you like about them?
    I do own it. If you do a search, you'll find a few posts about the Zapp with pictures.

I love it because it is tiny when folded, it steers like a dream, it is super cute, and just a very well-made stroller. It does NOT recline at all, so if that is a necessity then you should pass on it. It is very comfortable to push, for both tall people and short people. It also comes with a carry bag and rain fly.

Here is a link to one of the Zapp threads.

ETA: I have a 4-wheel Zapp that was made last year. I bought it for $150 used (local), and it does have a basket underneath. They can be found online new for $200 with free shipping, I believe. And it really does fold up much smaller than most strollers, even umbrella strollers.

Mindy, mom to Sicily (age 5, 37 lbs, Radian 80 princess), Lily (age 3, 30 lbs., FF in a Maxi Cosi Priori or Radian XT), and Liam (born in January, riding in a cowmoo Britax Chaperone)

When we went to Europe, we bought a stroller over there (which won't help if you need it for the airports, but we used the GoGo Kidz for that stuff). Anyway, there are some pretty neat European strollers out there if that's an option for you!
    Namegirl
    DD in Turbo
    DS in Turbo, Pioneer
    DS in Diono
    DD in Britax B-Safe

I have a Quest and a Zapp and I prefer the Quest I might get a Triumph and sell the Zapp..
    If you do take up someone's advice to buy in Europe check and see if they have Pericles...it is about 80-90 euros for something similar to a Quest and great quality..
    Zoë - 07/01/2007 (17.2lbs - 28" Uses an Evenflo Triumph Advance Rear Facing in a Kia Sedona)

I can't speak to how well this pushes, but it's pretty full featured for a 'cheap' stroller... http://www.amazon.com/Avalon-Swift-L...4146642&sr=8-3 someone here has the Diablo Pitch model, said the seat is big, maybe she'll chime in? (If the link is broken, it's the Avalon Swift at Amazon.com)
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

oh no jools,the mia moda has a tiny seat.Paxtons head was already over the top at age 15months,30 inches.They do look neat though.
    STRESSED IS DESSERTS BACKWARDS

I have a avalon dixie orange.Great stroller for the price.Folds good ,like a mac with different wheels.

Good to know about the Mia Moda . (I just got an Inglesina Urbe and there's heaps of growing room in it... for $139 on sale, I think I scored!!!)
    Julie

I know it was sooooo cute,but sooooo small.I was upset to take it back.SCORE!!!!!!!!!lol.