Travelling Stroller

mpbabes

I'm going to be travelling to Europe in June and am looking for a stroller to take with us as DD will be 11 months old when we're there.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I'm leaning towards the Maclaren Triumph. Does anyone own one and what have your experiences with it been? Is it really a 5-second fold? Are there less expensive options that are JUST as good????

Thanks in advance!!

Mandy :)

ADS

eri

Where are you going? :) I got the Quest for travel but I think I might just buy a Volo or Triumph..I like my Quest too much to trust an airline with it..

lovinwaves

Quinny Zapp? Very small folding stroller. Fits in a small duffle bag (comes with it).

QuinnyZapp012.jpg

QuinnyZapp014.jpg

SillyLily

I second the Quinny Zapp. I love mine and think it will be great to travel with. Two other "micro fold" strollers are the Mia Moda Cielo and the Quick Smart Easy Fold. Oh and the Microlite (which is like $600).

mpbabes

Where are you going? :) I got the Quest for travel but I think I might just buy a Volo or Triumph..I like my Quest too much to trust an airline with it..

I'm going to be visiting family in Portugal. We're planning on going for 2 weeks. A stroller will be essential as I know we'll do lots of walking.

I was looking at the Quest but, since we're a bit tight for $$, it didn't seem to have so much of a difference from the Triumph to warrant spending extra cash.

But you love it you say? Are they really nice and lightweight?

andbabiesmake4

Well for me when we're travelling I know I'd appreciate a basket and the zapp doesn't have that (unless, obviously, you get a new zapp)... I LOVE travelling with our P3.. it folds small, has the great canopy, has a carrying handle, etc

SillyLily

Do either of you own the Quinny Zap?? What do you like about them?

I do own it. If you do a search, you'll find a few posts about the Zapp with pictures.

I love it because it is tiny when folded, it steers like a dream, it is super cute, and just a very well-made stroller. It does NOT recline at all, so if that is a necessity then you should pass on it. It is very comfortable to push, for both tall people and short people. It also comes with a carry bag and rain fly.

Here is a link to one of the Zapp threads.

ETA: I have a 4-wheel Zapp that was made last year. I bought it for $150 used (local), and it does have a basket underneath. They can be found online new for $200 with free shipping, I believe. And it really does fold up much smaller than most strollers, even umbrella strollers.

Namegirl

Senior Community Member
When we went to Europe, we bought a stroller over there (which won't help if you need it for the airports, but we used the GoGo Kidz for that stuff). Anyway, there are some pretty neat European strollers out there if that's an option for you!

eri

I have a Quest and a Zapp and I prefer the Quest :) I might get a Triumph and sell the Zapp..
If you do take up someone's advice to buy in Europe check and see if they have Pericles...it is about 80-90 euros for something similar to a Quest and great quality..

lauralou

oh no jools,the mia moda has a tiny seat.Paxtons head was already over the top at age 15months,30 inches.They do look neat though.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Good to know about the Mia Moda :). (I just got an Inglesina Urbe and there's heaps of growing room in it... for $139 on sale, I think I scored!!!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC