Graco Nautilus on Jon and Kate Plus 8

mimieliza

Jon and Kate took their kids on a trip to Park City, UT on planes. No carseats on the plane, but they had Graco Nautiluses in their 15-passenger rental van at their destination. That took some serious planning with car safety as a priority! :thumbsup:

ADS

jdchic3

I saw that too. I can't see how you would plan to transport 6 radians through the airport. NOT that I'm saying they shouldn't have taken them, they should have. Great about the GNs too! I couldn't believe they had that! I :love: Jon and Kate!

Auntie2Avi

I just saw this. I can't believe they had GN's. I wonder what rental car company they got the car from, because they said the van already had the seats. I :love: this show!!

TXAggieTech

We were watching also. They said they shipped stuff also, I wonder if they sent the seats or if they came with the rental?

I probably would have started crying way before she did. That or hit the flight attendant up for a few mini bottles.

mimieliza

I probably would have started crying way before she did. That or hit the flight attendant up for a few mini bottles.

No kidding! And did you see the preview for the next show with her getting sick and the kids screaming? Seems like a fine vacation. Poor Kate. :p

Jacks

But did you notice that when they drove to the airport in the limo the kids weren't in carseats?? Isn't that illegeal if they are still only 3.5yo? I don't know how they would have managed it though with that many kids???

lauralou

I bet.It is hard getting 2 seats reinstalled I could imagine 6 over,and over again.I love them too.She has a personal email,I used to have,it can be googled.She also used to sell her kids older stuff on their website I think she quit.I think they did say that the rental van was already with carseats from the co.

ProudMomof5

Yeah I noticed the carseats too.. My DH thought I was crazy that I noticed it because I never did before last night. (I JUST got into the whole car seat thing recently)
I LOVE Jon and Kate plus 8!!!!

ETA - weren't they in the radian sunshine car seats at some point though? That is what I noticed. :)

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I was please to see they were in any seat in the rental since they rode to the airport without. I wonder how the Rental company knew about the Nautilus. They said they rented them with the van I think.

MsFacetious

I would love to know how they pulled that off because I don't want to take seats on the plane the next time we go somewhere. We actually wouldn't have seats to take... unless we were to buy the G-Naughti... so, I want to know how they pulled off having the seats at their destination.

I was upset about the lack of seats in the limo... and on the plane though I realized it was unrealistic to expect them to take seats on the plane, and I was holding my breath about when they got to Utah. But, they did good once they got here. So, I can't complain too much. I couldn't tell what seats they were though, just that they were in seats.

I am sure I will hear from my MIL soon on this one... *sigh* "See I told you we could rent car seats better than yours!" Blah blah blah...

Nisha

But did you notice that when they drove to the airport in the limo the kids weren't in carseats?? Isn't that illegeal if they are still only 3.5yo? I don't know how they would have managed it though with that many kids???

I don't know, do limo's fall under the same category as taxi's? Since there's usually only 3 seats that face the front of the car, and you can't install cr's on side facing or back facing seats, that would be a little difficult!
(Although maybe it was a limo with 3-4 forward facing seats in a row? I didn't see it;))

Stretchy Glue

My understanding is that limos fall under "public transportation" therefore are exempt from car seat laws. Not right, but that's the way it is. I think getting car seat laws better in all states will happen LONG before we can get public transporation to fall under laws.:twocents:

crunchierthanthou

I don't know, do limo's fall under the same category as taxi's? Since there's usually only 3 seats that face the front of the car, and you can't install cr's on side facing or back facing seats, that would be a little difficult!
(Although maybe it was a limo with 3-4 forward facing seats in a row? I didn't see it;))

yes, but they're not exempt from the laws of physics. legal doesn't mean safe. :(

Nisha

yes, but they're not exempt from the laws of physics. legal doesn't mean safe. :(

Not at all!
speaking of public transportation, when we were in VA Beach this summer with DS who was about 6 mos, we put his sr car seat in the back of a taxi. The driver said he had drove taxi for 10 years and that was the FIRST time someone ever put a car seat in his taxi!:thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC