Is the Chicco Keyfit the narrowest infant seat?

Holly

We're planning baby#3 very soon, but we won't be able to get a van before the baby comes, so we'll be squishing 3 kids into our 2007 Toyota Camry backseat.

I have the Radian now, and will have a Nautilus too (99% sure we are getting it). Our infant seat is a Graco Snugride. If it doesnt fit in the center between the 2 seats, do you think a Keyfit would?
I have heard that they are the narrowest infant seats, but I dont remember where I heard that, and if it's true or not.

I want a Keyfit anyway, I really love the infant head and body support, but as long as we have a perfectly good snugride, dh wouldnt let me get a new seat. If we had to get a Keyfit because the Snugride would not fit, then that would be ok because it's cheaper than getting a new car :)

ADS

melniemi

The keyfit is pretty narrow - I don't have it anymore to measure, but it fit in my little back row between two highback turbos. I :love: the keyfit. Why don't you try your snugride on the side of your radian and see if it fits? If it does, you won't have to worry about getting a new one. Would a 2nd radian as opposed to a nautilus help? Then you can get a nautilus when baby needs the radian. Just a thought.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I don't think so...the foot area is way wider than the snugride...I think I had better luck with my SS1 than my KF when I crammed them all into the car (base might be about the same, but that extra wide foot area was the dealbreaker for fitting my other seats in...)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC