I orderd a monarch, please tell me I'm going to like it!

Amaris

After looking at all the posts I could find about the monarch, parkway, and vivo, I ordered a monarch last night. I couldn't find a vivo or parkway locally to try out, but after looking at pics in the post scatterbunny posted I decided that the vivo would probably not be deep enough in the seat for ds, especially on the trips when he will be in it for 3+ hours. I really wish I could have found a parkway for him to sit in, but there wasn't one. I really think he would find the wings really confining and he doesn't like things like that. So, we went with the monarch. He did sit in one at usa baby and said he loved it. It will also fit in any position in the 3rd row, including the center as long as I don't mind not using my rearview mirror! Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week, and until then he will only be in the car to go to and from school.

ADS

groovymom2000

My 7 year old DS loves his Monarch. He's about the same stats as your oldest, with a long torso and longer legs. He actually prefers it over his Parkway. It's a comfy seat, and he has ridden in it on long trips quite comfortably!

Amaris

I think it's a great choice. :thumbsup:

The pictures you posted really helped out a lot! Thanks for posting them. I probably would have gone with the recaro otherwise and wouldn't have found out that it was so shallow until we got it!

scatterbunny

I know what you mean. There were times I *almost* ordered a Vivo online, sight unseen, because it looked so awesome. I'm glad I had patience and waited until I could see it in person. I still really love it, and think it would be fine if my dd's feet touched the floor, but they don't.

I'm glad my pics helped. :)

Michi

We LOVE our Monarchs!!!
I will be SO sad when my kids outgrow them. The head and side wings are awesome, and I feel like my kids are so well protected in them. The low armrests do take some getting used to, but I don't even notice them anymore. I also LOVE the fact that it can recline!

Here are some photos comparing it to our old Turbos ( notice how much more SIP the Monarch has?!!!)
IMG_0642aa.jpg
IMG_2115a.jpg

Amaris

We LOVE our Monarchs!!!
I will be SO sad when my kids outgrow them. The head and side wings are awesome, and I feel like my kids are so well protected in them. The low armrests do take some getting used to, but I don't even notice them anymore. I also LOVE the fact that it can recline!

Here are some photos comparing it to our old Turbos ( notice how much more SIP the Monarch has?!!!)
IMG_0642aa.jpg
IMG_2115a.jpg

I loved the sip! Ds is in an airbooster and there was a huge difference! I can't wait to get it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC