Silly question but I am indecisive

melniemi

I have been considering getting baby a taylor diplomat rather than a marathon to replace her crashed seat. I know it is smaller so is it completely silly?

I'm thinking she'll have 1-1.5 years in it rfing and then I can move her to dd1's marathon, dd1 to ds1's regent and ds1 to a booster - and then sell the diplomat.

Silly? Will I hate the headwings and her head being pushed forward? Will her head be pushed forward do you think??

ADS

CaraMia

Hehe...well, I ended up getting the Taylor Dip yesterday. My girls run small, so I know she'll use it for 2-4 yrs even though it is smaller. I also am putting it into a smaller car (96 Accord), so I thought that it would take up less room RF in the car and when she gets to FF I can re-evaluate.

Synchro246

I have been considering getting baby a taylor diplomat rather than a marathon to replace her crashed seat. I know it is smaller so is it completely silly?

I'm thinking she'll have 1-1.5 years in it rfing and then I can move her to dd1's marathon, dd1 to ds1's regent and ds1 to a booster - and then sell the diplomat.

Silly? Will I hate the headwings and her head being pushed forward? Will her head be pushed forward do you think??

I don't think the pushing of the head forword is much of an issue RF :twocents: (think "pillow" :p)
The Taylor Diplomat is BEAUTIFUL. It'll match your huntington Regent AND the pink MA's well. . .

CaraMia

I won't get it until mid-week - so I can't answer yet. There aren't any local stores that carry it, so I couldn't test it out with her.

melniemi

I don't think the pushing of the head forword is much of an issue RF :twocents: (think "pillow" :p)
The Taylor Diplomat is BEAUTIFUL. It'll match your huntington Regent AND the pink MA's well. . .

You are such an enabler:D

I was thinking the same thing, huntington, brooke and taylor - what a pretty combo:whistle:

HEVY

I think, first, whatever seat you put her in she will get used to it, so I wouldn't worry about the wingthings. And yes it would nicely compliment the Hungtington. Your plan seems doable as long as there's no expiration date interferences. The most you'll have to get is possibly another booster for ds1.

CPS_obsessed_EMT

Senior Community Member
I have the Taylor Diplomat and it's never pushed dd's head forward.

FWIW, I LOVE my Diplomat, much more than my boulevard. The harness tightner on the diplo is like butter, and I like the headwings sooo much better.

For me, the 40lb weight limit isn't an issue, because she will be moved to a HWH seat eventually anyway.

It's also a LOT lighter in weight, so if you do a lot of switching (I do) that's a huge plus

You could also get the same room-saving factor with a Roundabout, but I really wanted the SIP headwings, and plus I use the seat for 2 different children, and it's nice to just turn the knob to adjust the harness height instead of taking it out and re-threading it for each child.

HTH.

brightredmtn

We have a Roundabout and I love having a smaller seat. We air travel a lot and the one time I traveled with a Marathon it sucked. Like a PP wrote, we have a HWH seat in our furture so I don't mind the 40lb weight limit either.

steph

As long as you think she can rf in it for awhile than I say go for it. I wish Ryan could still fit, I much prefer the headwings on the diplomat to BV.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC