new cover for regent?

mommyjkl

So, I got a new Regent for my 3yo a few weeks ago ($206)in sahara and she hates the cover. I looked into getting her a new "pink" one, but for $80, that's not going to happen. We had to get 2 new seats, the other for my almost 1yo, as my dh totaled his jeep with the two "big" seats in it, though unoccupied! :( obviously safety first, but I have seen messeez car seat covers for like $20. They are uber thin nylon material (you can almost see through it) that secures over the existing pad/cover. Has anyone heard of these, seen them, know if they'd fit a regent? Or, know of anywhere to get a safe cheaper replacement cover? Or, should I just have dd suck it up? Thoughts!

Thanks!

ADS

tl01

Using an after market cover is not permitted even if it is super thin. The cover could interfere with the harness or some other part of the seat and it would also void your warranty on the seat. The only covers you are able to use for your Regent are covers made by Britax for your model of seat.

Niea

Since aftermarket covers are not permitted and official Britax ones are so dang expensive. . .maybe you can look into trading with someone? I'm sure there's someone who has the Madison cover who now wants a more gender-neutral cover. Or look on eBay or craigslist for a gently used one. That might save you some money.

bethng

Since aftermarket covers are not permitted and official Britax ones are so dang expensive. . .maybe you can look into trading with someone? I'm sure there's someone who has the Madison cover who now wants a more gender-neutral cover. Or look on eBay or craigslist for a gently used one. That might save you some money.

I was able to get the cover color I wanted by trading. I just posted an ad on craigslist and a woman had the color I wanted and I was able to trade her for the color she wanted!

mommyjkl

Thanks for the suggestions! I have been checking ebay and craigslist, but I will post an ad tonight and see what happens! Anyone know of any sites that promote swapping?

mommyjkl

Thank you everyone for the help! I usually do internet via phone and rarely get to the real computer! :rolleyes: so I don't get to see all the options available on this site! But, I found a pretty cheap madison cover for sell!!! :love: So, thank you!!!!!! I'm sorry if I was bending the rules a bit, I didn't mean to, and now I know! Thanks!:eek:

Ginny
dd- 8-2-4 44" 46lbs ff regent/occasionally apex 65
dd- 3-5-7 27" 18lbs rf efta dlx/occasionally ss1

scatterbunny

Congrats on finding a Madison cover (I'm so jealous :p I can't justify it because my dd only has about an inch in a Regent :rolleyes: )! No worries about bending the rules, you didn't know, and now you do. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC