Please convince DH cowmoo is NOT gaudy!

fyrfightermomma

I showed my husband the two choices of MAs I want during the sale-Olivia and Cowmoo. He says absolutly no pink but then he said Cowmoo is hidious. He said only "hicks" would drive around with their kid in a cow car seat. I personally LOVE it and think its cute (and really want it). He does not believe me that ANY person in their right mind (whos not a farmer) would buy this. So I told him I would come on here and ask. So everyone who has a Cowmoo....are you a farmer or a hick??? LOL Please convince my husband its not THAT bad :)

ADS

natysr

I will agree with you and say that lots of people love their cowmoo seats. But I will agree with your husband in that I can't figure out why... :eek: The cowmoo is just not my cup of tea. I also don't really like pink. the only girly cover that I really like is the Mariposa.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
LOL!

I don't own a Cowmoo seat, but I do love it!

I am FAR from a hick. I am not a farmer either. :p I am a liberal, vegetarian, progressive-minded single woman living in an urban (urban suburban, at least) area. Not a hick. :p

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I love my cow seat and so does ds! DS actually calls it his cow-seat and all his friends love it. It is unique and not just the same gray seat that you can get anywhere and see everywhere. It covers/hides dirt very well :thumbsup:

image.jpg

Upclose, it isn't really white it is a marbel off-white
image.jpg

louisandheather

Hi,

I love the cow seat! It is so cute and is appropriate for the toddler age. This seat is also one of the better neutral choices and I wish they made the boulevard with this cover. Also, we consider ourselves fairly modern in our tastes, but some children's items should just be fun to look at.

Heather

steph

I'm ordering a cowmoo MA for DS and I am far from being a hick or a farmer :p - Ryan likes cows and I think we all need a little fun in our lives:cool:. Oh and my SIL/BIL have the cowmoo cover for their son and they are definately not hicks either.

minismom

I have to admit when I first saw the cowmoo I thought it was a little weird! But now I LOVE it! I just got mine and it's great IRL. I don't like the girly covers because I think there are too many colors and I like something more plain, that matches the car's black interior. But not a boring grey cover either. I'm far from a farmer, I used to live in NYC and now live in LA. I think of the cowmoo as a trendy animal print thing, like a nice shearling coat or something. If I had a car with tan interior I'd get the croc cover!

Wineaux

No, hick would be the Mossy Oak camoflauge cover... (Sorry to those who like that thing for whatever reason.)

As a guy, I really kind of like the CowMoo. It's cool and funky.

Calideedle

I LOVE Olivia, I would tell my DH too bad, I am getting it! (though my DH doesnt care either way)

I have a Cowmoo on the way and am FAR from a hick :) Its so cute!

The Olivia is so much cuter IRL!

bethng

I like cowmoo. Its not my fav but I do like it. Its unique and very britax. My dh gets no say in my seat covers lol. He can like it or lump it. :whistle:

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
No, no - the farmers all have John Deere carseat covers and the hicks have camo! Cowmoo or denim is for the drugstore cowboys! And as long as we're labeling, pink is for Barbies or princesses, and you can only have a blue carseat if your child is a boy, otherwise you have to get the cover that matches your car's interior.

;)

TXAggieTech

We have Cowmoo and are the furthest thing from country! When I first started the whole car seat stuff I thought it was the craziest seat and would never want it. DH and I both love it, way more than I thought either of us would. When I swapped out covers and put a Puma on it he waited a few days and the put the Cowmoo back on.

Now my brother is a total red neck and I just order a Mossy Oak for my neice/nephew.

bethng

Now my brother is a total red neck and I just order a Mossy Oak for my neice/nephew.[/QUOT

Yup...if my brother ever has a baby he will have to get the mossy oak for sure. He is a redneck all the way!~ lol He would never want a cowmoo though

Melanie

I have a cowmoo and am not a hick at all. I live in a big city. I've received several compliments on it. Even my pre-teen thinks it's cool.

Last edited:

Tara

Good luck convincing a hub on that one. No matter how city or how hick the guy is...it seems the CowMoo is popular with the gals, but the guys just don't dig it. I don't know why. I told my hub he was weird because the CowMoo was just way too cool. He rolls his eyes at me...still. LOL I've heard around here that's the popular opinion among the men. Freaks! :p

skaterbabs

I ended up with the cow cover because that was all the retailer had in stock and ready to ship when I bought my MA. (We had to replace our Roundabout due to a crash.) That said, at first I didn't care for it, but it really grew on me. Eventually I got an Ashley Floral cover and I wish I still had the cow - it was VERY gender neutral (and still cute), and didn't show ANY dirt ever.

nbs2

Not that it counts for much, but here is a bit of male perspective -

I don't like it. I don't want or need a car seat that is whimsical or entertaining. A car seat has a job, and it should do the job while blending in nicely with the rest its environment. Now, I were a firefighter and I could convince myself that the pattern is dalmatian instead of holstein, I might be ok with it. If you want a collegiate cover - and it is a meaningful cover (not just a color you like) - go for it. If your car's interior is brown or gray/black - get a cover to match it. I'd suggest Onyx, Barrington, Huntington, etc.

But, what do I know - I'm just a guy. You can do what you want, and your husband will be annoyed with it - but it won't be irritating enough for him to say anything about it.

libranbutterfly

Good luck convincing a hub on that one. No matter how city or how hick the guy is...it seems the CowMoo is popular with the gals, but the guys just don't dig it. I don't know why. I told my hub he was weird because the CowMoo was just way too cool. He rolls his eyes at me...still. LOL I've heard around here that's the popular opinion among the men. Freaks! :p

My hubby LOVES the cowmoo. He didn't want a girly cover, or a boring cover, so, thats what we got. He LOVES cowmoo, and enjoys showing off the cowmoo seats. Around here, the hicks would never have a cowmoo, they typically just throw 4-5 two year olds beside them in their truck.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC