Do Your Regent Harness Slots Look Like This...

mom2riley

After one wash? I know it will probably be the Onyx and Sahara cover more then others, but do yours look like this. To me it looks sort of cheap. I don't like all the ballies and strings. I can cut the strings, but the ballies are too close to the cover and if I try to pick them off they just get worse.
P2240004.jpg

ADS

Kat_Momof3

I had two Regent covers in Onyx at one point... they never looked like that... they stayed pristine after wash.

did you wash cold water and gentle cycle?

if so, I'd call Britax and get mad.

mom2riley

Update:

I called Britax this morning and they will be shipping a new cover out to me. She said that all the Regent covers were on back order at the moment. But as soon as they come in she will call me to let me know and then send it out. :thumbsup:

Kat_Momof3

I knew it... I mean, I had to ask how you washed it just to make sure that you had done it like we recommend doing it when doing machine wash...

I was sure they'd replace it because it just isn't right for it to look that worn after only one wash... how would they last 6yrs if they did?

But it will make a decent spare cover... hopefully the new one will be as high-quality as they usually are.

mom2riley

The CS woman didn't even ask any questions, lol. When I told DH they were replacing it he couldn't believe it. We will use the original cover for long trips when eating and drinking in the car is a must.

my3girls

I would think your "new" cover will do the same thing. When they make the button hole it stitches and cuts the fabric, to me it just looks like the nature of a woven fabric to do this, the stitching will keep if from getting worse. I just went out and checked my Onxy Regent and Couture MA and they both have some tiny strings around the harness slots, I guess I don't see the big deal.

Synchro246

I have two onyx covers (not regents) and have washed them a few time. I don't have any wear like that.

What *exactly* is a ballie and where did you learn that word?

mom2riley

I made it up, lol. It is like little balls of batting coming out. The CS rep said there should be no fraying.

Kat_Momof3

I would think your "new" cover will do the same thing. When they make the button hole it stitches and cuts the fabric, to me it just looks like the nature of a woven fabric to do this, the stitching will keep if from getting worse. I just went out and checked my Onxy Regent and Couture MA and they both have some tiny strings around the harness slots, I guess I don't see the big deal.

see, I've NEVER had a seat cover for any brand have anything like that.

I would be so frustrated by it... and when you pay so much for the seat (like you do with Britax), it outright angers me.

That is not normal.

Heck, I've had Maclaren stroller seat liners with the same type of buttonhole-style slots for harnesses go through repeat washings and not do that (Official Maclaren ones AND my homemade ones).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC