Shipping insurance

Shaggy

Am I correct in thinking EliteCarSeats offers shipping insurance so you can return car seats cheaply/easily? Are there any other websites that offer this that you know of?

ADS

ZephyrBlue

EliteCarSeats.com does offer shipping insurance; I believe when I purchased 2 seats from them that the additional insurance charge was $2.99. And I returned both seats- they sent me UPS labels with no hassle at all, and UPS picked the seats up from my house. If you are going to buy a seat you've never tried before, I cannot stress the return shipping ins. option enough!

Shaggy

That's what I figured and I don't know why it isn't more common - especially with something like a car seat. Its not so much buying unseen, but I don't know how well it will install in my car and whether my daughter will be happy in it. I figured there should be a couple of other websites that offer this option... but maybe not?

csma

You can return most seats ordered on Target.com to a Target store, or the return charge is less than $6 (can't remember if it's $5.95 or $5.25) via UPS. I went to return a large, heavy stroller and accidentally clicked that I wanted it shipped back. I couldn't believe how inexpensive it was, so I had to try a Regent that I had ordered, and it was still the same price.

I believe items ordered online at Walmart also allow returns to the store.

teekadog

I only know of elitecarseats and target that offer great return shipping policies. I do wish more places offered it, because I agree it's practically a necessity when purchasing a car seat, sight unseen, but I'd much rather support smaller business. I have a gift cert to elitecarseats that I was going to use during this Britax sale, but their sale price was, ahem, less than ideal. I'm peeved about that, but figure they must have to watch their profit margin closely in order to afford the return shipping insurance. :twocents:

DiaSmall

I ordered a Radian from elitecarseats.com and i got the 4$ return shipping insurance.
It did not work in my car where i needed it so i sent off an email... and they sent me my return label.
I dropped it off at a local fedex spot & got a full refund... minus the 4$ shipping insurance.
I was very careful w/ the seat.. I didnt set it on pavement or anything because i had this feeling that it just wouldnt work out for us. You do have to be sure to keep the seat in new condition & to return everything that was in the box or they will start keeping a % of the cost to cover the damage.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC