Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Shipping insurance

Am I correct in thinking EliteCarSeats offers shipping insurance so you can return car seats cheaply/easily? Are there any other websites that offer this that you know of?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Shipping insurance

EliteCarSeats.com does offer shipping insurance; I believe when I purchased 2 seats from them that the additional insurance charge was $2.99. And I returned both seats- they sent me UPS labels with no hassle at all, and UPS picked the seats up from my house. If you are going to buy a seat you've never tried before, I cannot stress the return shipping ins. option enough!
    11yo DD *69lb* Backless Turbo
    8.5yo DD *45lb* High Back Turbobooster/Pink Monterey
    6yo DS *43lb* Cowmoo Parkway SG/Lizards In Line Turbobooster
    2y4m DD*24lb*RF in an Alma MR 65 and Kathryn RA 55

That's what I figured and I don't know why it isn't more common - especially with something like a car seat. Its not so much buying unseen, but I don't know how well it will install in my car and whether my daughter will be happy in it. I figured there should be a couple of other websites that offer this option... but maybe not?

Carseat Crazy

You can return most seats ordered on Target.com to a Target store, or the return charge is less than $6 (can't remember if it's $5.95 or $5.25) via UPS. I went to return a large, heavy stroller and accidentally clicked that I wanted it shipped back. I couldn't believe how inexpensive it was, so I had to try a Regent that I had ordered, and it was still the same price.

I believe items ordered online at Walmart also allow returns to the store.

Carseat Crazy

I only know of elitecarseats and target that offer great return shipping policies. I do wish more places offered it, because I agree it's practically a necessity when purchasing a car seat, sight unseen, but I'd much rather support smaller business. I have a gift cert to elitecarseats that I was going to use during this Britax sale, but their sale price was, ahem, less than ideal. I'm peeved about that, but figure they must have to watch their profit margin closely in order to afford the return shipping insurance.

Carseat Crazy

I ordered a Radian from elitecarseats.com and i got the 4$ return shipping insurance.
    It did not work in my car where i needed it so i sent off an email... and they sent me my return label.
    I dropped it off at a local fedex spot & got a full refund... minus the 4$ shipping insurance.
    I was very careful w/ the seat.. I didnt set it on pavement or anything because i had this feeling that it just wouldnt work out for us. You do have to be sure to keep the seat in new condition & to return everything that was in the box or they will start keeping a % of the cost to cover the damage.