Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

Nautiuls DOM 1/09/2008 Expiration

Expires Dec. 2013.

Just thought I would post that, not sure i got it in the right spot though! This Graco seat expires in December 6yrs from the year it was manufactured... but so far all the seats 2007 & 2008 DOM's are still stamped Dec. 2013.

For a long time I was posting that a 2007 seat expired Dec. 2013 but a 2008 seat expired Dec. 2014. I thought that was the rule for graco seats.

Now I have to come back to say that I was wrong... I just bought my second GN today... DOM 1/09/2008 and the shell is still stamped Dec. 2013.

I thought I was so lucky to finally find a 2008 DOM that I snatched it up... Installed it in the WM Parking lot! Thats when I saw the expiration was the same.... Oh well...

I love them as a harnessed seat but I've already decided that I'll only use them as a booster in DH car... since the boys never seem to ride w/ dh.
    I'm just not loving the idea of such a heavy unlatched booster.

In 4-5yrs I dont mind buying another seat... I figure they'll stain the cover and spill stuff all over them anyways... I'll deinatly want new ones by then.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Re: Nautiuls DOM 1/09/2008 Expiration

They must have the same idiot working the shell date stamp machine as Evenflo, which routinely has this problem
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

if you get a 2008 and its stamped 2013 its only 5 yrs since you know that they are good for 6 yrs and they expire Dec 31 of that 6th yr would it be ok to use it til Dec 31 2014?
    Reason for asking if I get one that expires 2013 I would still need to purchase another high back booster (another $100 plus) as dd would only be 8 I get one that expires Dec 31 2014 she will be 9.5 I would feel better with low back then. KWIM

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

A seat made in Jan. 2008 and expiring Dec. 2013 is still nearly 6 full calendar years of potential use when you count the rest of 2008, and all of 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. That's 6 full years minus a month. Graco must be waiting to switch the expiration stamp until it's further into the 2008 calendar year, rather than push the expiration envelope much more beyond 6 years. Or as Jools suggested, Graco has the same confusion that Evenflo apparently has with expiration date markings.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 14, 65" 5 steps
    DD2 Age 11, 61" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

Carseat Crazy

Yeah its 5yrs and 11mo of calander life from the date of the seat... since its already feburay i lost 2 months... so 5yrs 10 months left till Dec 2013.
    Bradley just turned 2 & will be 7yrs and 10mo when it expires... thats a great age to move to a booster... even if he hasnt outgrown the harness.
    Based on his growth I figure he'll ourgrow the harness before 7yr10mo anyways so I get all the use I want out of my 150$!

Seriously, dh is right... by then some other amazing seat will have come out that I will just HAVE to have...

Hmmm, strange. Has anyone emailed Graco to ask? I'm curious whether it is a mistake or not. I'm wanting a Galaxy from BRU, wonder when those will expire?

Kimberly

Carseat Crazy

Thanks for posting this. I am waiting for recent dates with full 6 yrs on it as I expect to need them that long. Anna

I don't see how this carseat can "be used from age one to age ten!!" if it expires after 6 years...?
    Click here to learn about those little green boxes, aka, reputation and "thanks"!
    "Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't." - Bill Nye

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus Defrost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by megnjay View Post
    I don't see how this carseat can "be used from age one to age ten!!" if it expires after 6 years...?
    You can... if you have more than one kid. See, my 6 year old could use it for four years, and by then my baby would be over a year old and could use it for a couple of years... if I had kids those ages, of course.

I think the folks who designed the "last carseat you'll ever need" over at Cosco helped out with Graco's advertising.
    Debbie, CPST-I
    driving my '07 Mazda5 with
    Thomas (18) * Sam (17) * Patrick (15) * Macha (13)
    Safely secured with seat belts - everyone, every ride!

lol I'm thinking so too. I think there should be a law made saying that if you EVER come to a problem with your cs that you should be refunded.. depending on the issue (cough cough) AO (cough cough) lol
    Click here to learn about those little green boxes, aka, reputation and "thanks"!
    "Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't." - Bill Nye

Quote Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
    They must have the same idiot working the shell date stamp machine as Evenflo, which routinely has this problem
    LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Beth CPST and special needs trained Mom to Bailey ...22 and driving! Skylar- 17yrs-and also driving! Molly-14 yrs -70+ pounds passing the 5 step test and Avery -10 yrs - 55+ pounds, riding in a redd performance sport booster.