Need Tech Interested in Teaching in N. VA

murphysmommy

I hope this thread is appropriate. If not, I apologize...

Some of you may have seen the couple threads I've created asking questions on behalf of my friends. I belong to a group of working moms and, everytime we get together I get barraged with questions about car seats (they know that I'm a bit obssessed with looking up car seat stats and facts).

However, I'm just an amateur and always want to make sure that I'm not spreading bogus information. I always state that I'm not a tech and that my info mainly comes from this site and various other internet research I've put together. But they are so thirsty for the information, I keep getting questions -- some of which I don't know the answer to. So, I was thinking it would be a good idea to sponsor a get together where we bring in a Certified Tech to come in an answer the myriad questions the women have. We may also involve an actual check of current car seats, if the tech is willing.

I know I could go through the list of techs here in the area but I'm specifically looking for someone who truly understands the safety and need for ERF and extended harnessing. I've seen so many 2 1/2 year olds in boosters, it's getting a bit discouraging. Thus, I don't want to risk getting someone who isn't as passionate as we all are about keeping kids rear facing and harnessed as long as possible.

Is there anyone out there who may be able to help me in getting this organized (i.e. any techs willing to come do this??! :eek:)? We may even be able to pay a small commission to the tech as this will likely be on the weekend and take a couple hours of his or her time.

Thanks so much.

MM

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Where in NoVA?

We have at least one tech on here who lives in NoVA, but NoVA is a huge area. Are you talking about the Alex/Arlington area? Fairfax County? Loudoun County? Prince William County?

I live in NoVA, but I am not a tech. I am slowly "training" (obviously not really!) the staff at BRU, though. :p

murphysmommy

Thanks for the interest.

I PM'd AdventureMom back and, if we can work out the dates, we should be good to go.

My friends are going to be so excited. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC