Decisions Decisions, which carseat

natysr

I had planned to get the Safeguard Child Seat, with the insurance money from our crashed Blvd., and then add some of my own money to make up the cost.

I haven't done it yet though, so we have been using just his Marathon, and switching it between cars. I was not in a huge rush to ge the Safeguard though, because that would mean that I would either just store it, or use it and FF Jordan in our weekender car.

I had hoped to keep Jordan E-ERF (exclusively- extended rearfacing) until at least his 4th birthday (in August).

Jordan is 3 1/2, 27 pounds, and 36 inches.

But, now the Britax Marathon sale price of $201.67 looks mighty good.

The onyx would match well with the interior of our pathfinder. And I could continue to RF him.

But, I have Safeguard lust. uh..what to do, what to do.

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I dunno, I really love the Safeguard. I don't think I'd be able to decide.

The angel on the one side would be: Practical! Efficient! The Marathon! CHEAP!
The devil on the other side would be: Mmmmmmm, pretty carseat... come on you know you want me. Lust for me, baby.

:shrug-shoulders:

:ROTFLMAO:

sb518

I dunno, I really love the Safeguard. I don't think I'd be able to decide.

The angel on the one side would be: Practical! Efficient! The Marathon! CHEAP!
The devil on the other side would be: Mmmmmmm, pretty carseat... come on you know you want me. Lust for me, baby.

:ROTFLMAO:

I think you should go with the marathon and keep him rear-facing in both cars. :thumbsup: You can always get the safegaurd later, if you save $80/month you'll have enough for a safegaurd in 5 months!

steph

I say MA - I can only hope I can RF Ryan until 4 but seeing as how he is bigger than Jordan now (and he isn't even 2) I doubt it:rolleyes:.

Auntie2Avi

I would try to get a 35 lb RF MA so that you can hopefully keep him RF until his birthday. If you decide when he is FF that you want the Safeguard you could probably sell the MA for almost what you bought it for, especially if you get a coveted cover. If you want to keep him RF I would get a MA, if you are ok with him FF get the Safeguard.

natysr

I did it. I ordered the Onyx Marathon. DH and I talked about it, and he also agreed that I should order the MA. Even though he is wanting Jordan to be FF soon.

I'm not worried about whether I get a 33 pound or a 35 pound RF limit seat. At the rate Jordan has been growing, I will be lucky if he is 28 pounds by the time he turns 4. I don't expect him to reach 33 pounds until past his 5th birthday.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Good Call, IMO :)

We got our first MA when DD was 3 and 29 pounds, she was RF till 4.5 and 33 pounds, and it fit her FF till age 6 (she could even buckle and tighten herself starting the day she went FF, so it was really a great seat for us all along...and the cover choices? so much fun!)

Then I found a dear friend to give it to and she's probably still loving it (I hope she destroys it this fall, oops, I should call her, lol)
:)

Kat_Momof3

great choice!

going by your pic, he looks like he isn't long in the torso, so I doubt he will outgrow the Marathon before he's ready for a booster.

Rearfacing is safer as long as possible when doable... and it's so doable for you and possible for him... so that's what I'd stick with.

You got it on sale, which is even better!

I'd worry about a Nautilus or Safeguard when he's close to outgrowing the Marathon and see how big he is and how you feel about him going to a booster at that time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC