Installed Pics of our new seats

libranbutterfly

At first, Kamille was hesitant to give up her cow seat. I installed the princess radian beside her cowmoo Friday when I picked her up from "school". When we went to the car, she decided she would try the flower seat. After about 5 minutes, she announced that it wasn't just a flower seat, it was a flower-cow seat, and she wanted it for in the truck. I guess she just equated the cow seat with being comfortable, and did not want an uncomfy seat.

S7300030.jpg

S7300033.jpg

Lexi's still enjoying her new Marathon
S7300034.jpg

And a picture of my backseat today.
S7300035.jpg

ADS
i noticed the hugs things aren't on your youngest rf. do you need them rf or can i take them off. they seem to pull the chest clip down on my daughters ma. i read the manual but it wasn't very clear.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I think they help the chestclip ride down in a crash. Someone else will probably chime in momentarily with a more thorough answer.

I don't think that anyone knows 100% for sure... I think the idea is that it reduces the load of weight on the child's chest increasing ride down time slightly and maybe it assists in keeping the harness in position too?

Apparently the very first high weight Britax seat couldn't pass testing at 65lbs, so rather than redesign the seat, they designed HUGS (stands for harness ultra-guard system.) The MA and other hwh seats have been redesigned since the original seat, but the HUGS have been touted as an added safety feature for years. How much extra safety do they add? Who knows... do they add any safety? I can't even say that for sure...

If they do decrease harness webbing load across a child's upper chest though I could see there being benefit to that. :twocents:

finleysmommy

I don't think that anyone knows 100% for sure... I think the idea is that it reduces the load of weight on the child's chest increasing ride down time slightly and maybe it assists in keeping the harness in position too?

Apparently the very first high weight Britax seat couldn't pass testing at 65lbs, so rather than redesign the seat, they designed HUGS (stands for harness ultra-guard system.) The MA and other hwh seats have been redesigned since the original seat, but the HUGS have been touted as an added safety feature for years. How much extra safety do they add? Who knows... do they add any safety? I can't even say that for sure...

If they do decrease harness webbing load across a child's upper chest though I could see there being benefit to that. :twocents:

That makes sense, thanks!! :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC