What kind of belt guide does the vivo have?

Amaris

I'm hoping that getting a booster with a different style of belt guide will fix my problem. I need the booster in the middle and the seatbelt comes out of the top of the seat. With the angle that it comes toward the seat from it slips out of the guide on the airbooster.

ADS

scatterbunny

The Vivo's belt guide is like the Parkway's belt guide, a plastic loop, open in the back, angled on the lower part of the headrest. I always had problems with the belt slipping out of the Parkway's guides.

Amaris

Any suggestions for a booster with a belt guide that will keep the seatbelt in it and fit in the same space as an airbooster? The airbooster leaves him just enough room to buckle his seatbelt!

scatterbunny

Oy, that's tough. The only boosters that really seem to hold the belt in the shoulderbelt guide well are the Compass B510, the Jane Indy/Indy Plus and the Recaro Start.

The B510 is wider than the Air. The Indy, measured by Kecia at the base for me yesterday, is about 16 inches, but she said it's kind of bulky and not great for three-across, so I'm not sure about that one. The Start only measures 16-16.5, I believe, but the design of it would be hard to buckle next to another seat if it's a tight fit.

The B510 is about as tall as the Air, not sure about the Start, haven't measured it, according to Darren's review of the Indy it's taller than the Air by about 2-3 inches.

Amaris

My other option (and I don't like it) is to see if I. would fit in the new graco. I could also put M. in the 3rd row. If the seat has a belt guide that will hold the belt it would fit. The 3rd row is the same as the middle. I don't really want him outboard in the 3rd row because the side curtain airbags only go back to the middle row.

scatterbunny

In a good highback booster with deep wings I wouldn't worry too much about the third row. :twocents: The Jane seems really great, it's on my short list right now.

Mattkarn

Here is a picture of what the belt guide looks like:
car008.jpg

It doesn't hold the belt well, like Jenny said, I have to make sure its though the guide every time.

Amaris

Well, I guess that one's out. I need a seat that has a guide that will hold the seatbelt well. I would prefer to have him in the middle if he is in the middle row (and his is the only seat that fits there), but because there's no side curtain airbags in the 3rd row I really want him in the middle if he's back there, and it seems like he's going to have to be.:(

arly1983

Well, I guess that one's out. I need a seat that has a guide that will hold the seatbelt well. I would prefer to have him in the middle if he is in the middle row (and his is the only seat that fits there), but because there's no side curtain airbags in the 3rd row I really want him in the middle if he's back there, and it seems like he's going to have to be.:(

Ouch, isn't that going to kill your veiw out the reveiw mirror? :(

Amaris

It actually already does! I have tried having one of the others in the middle in the middle row and the regent just doesn't fit there, and the marathon was up on the side of the regent. I think I might be able to get them next to each other if I work at it a little more, but then getting dd into the seat and tightening her is a beast! If it comes down to ds1 being in the 3rd row, then I want him in the middle because of there being no airbags back there. I have this guilt complex about putting him outboard because then he's in the least protected seat and in the least protected position. I just can't make myself do that unless I don't have any other options.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC