Arly (ok, and anyone else) help me decide (MA or DC)

Which one

• Marathon

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Decathlon

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • You are silly, stop it right now.

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

Synchro246

I might be being silly. I don't really care. I'm going to sell my 6 mo old EFTA to my neighbor and get a seat that
1)puzzles with my other seats and
2)matches my other seats:eek::rolleyes:(yes, I'm rolling my eyes at myself)
I like the EFTA in a lot of ways, but there are some downsides I can't get over (the twisty straps that my mom can't handle, the knob adjuster, the way the cover never lies perfectly, the tether).
I'm going to get $135 for it so the way I'm looking at it is that I'm spending $75 to switch to something that will meet my needs a little better. And hey, I'm getting a 6mo newer DOM.

Anyway, I'm going to stop justifying my actions now and give you the pro/con lists as I see them

MA pros:
:thumbsup:Has latch bars
:thumbsup:.5" wider in the shoulders
:thumbsup:more covers (does have onyx:thumbsup:)

DC pros:
:thumbsup:.5'' wider and ."5 deeper seating area
:thumbsup:.75'' more crotch room in the outermost buckle position:thumbsup:
:thumbsup:.25'' taller shell
:thumbsup:Has push button adjuster:thumbsup:
:thumbsup:Has onyx and sahara covers that match the Regent & cover I have already ordered. I really like that the sahara goes well in both tan and grey interior cars.:thumbsup:
:thumbsdown: $25 more

This will be DS1's secondary seat or DS2's primary seat depending on what covers I feel like sporting.

Maybe I'll do a poll. . .

ADS

arly1983

Ok, I will bite.

IF I had a child of average size and IF I had to choose between those two seats: I would get the DC.

For all the reasons you mentions above.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
But the DC adjuster is SO bad for SO many people...IMO it just ruins all the Pros...

(Humble two cents....)

:)

arly1983

But the DC adjuster is SO bad for SO many people...IMO it just ruins all the Pros...

(Humble two cents....)

:)

I don't like either, at all, so tried to consider the pros and cons without even considering the adjuster.

More people do seem to like the MA adjuster better than the DC.

Synchro246

I definitely like the RA adjuster more than the BV adjuster. I don't like lifting the flap & the sound of velcro waking my kids. . .though they're sewn down now. I don't know if my fingers are smart enough to handle a sewn down lever adjuster :p

arly1983

Hey, just out of curiosity, are you planning on have a spare sahara and putting it on a Regent with black straps or putting a spare onyx on a regent with tan straps.

I am sorely tempted to get a regent onyx cover and put it on our regent with tan straps but I can't imagine what that would look like?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The DC adjuster is the RA adjuster's evil twin... it looks the same, but it's baaaaaad.:evil grin:

Synchro246

Hey, just out of curiosity, are you planning on have a spare sahara and putting it on a Regent with black straps or putting a spare onyx on a regent with tan straps.

I am sorely tempted to get a regent onyx cover and put it on our regent with tan straps but I can't imagine what that would look like?

I'm going to buy a tan harness set, I think. I was HOPING that there was a grey harness set out for the Regent and I'd use that for both, but there's not. That was my plan for the DC, to switch it to grey full time.
If grey ever comes out for the Reg I'll be getting it and selling the spare harnesses.:p

Synchro246

The DC adjuster is the RA adjuster's evil twin... it looks the same, but it's baaaaaad.:evil grin:

LOL, OK. Is it bad all the time for everyone or is it an issue only some people have? I'd be willing to risk it if it's a sometimes thing, but if it's more or less across the board I should probably go with the MA. THEN the question will be WHAT cover to get to go with the sahara :whistle: I really like the grey jobie from target.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

I might be being silly. I don't really care. I'm going to sell my 6 mo old EFTA to my neighbor and get a seat that
1)puzzles with my other seats and
2)matches my other seats:eek::rolleyes:(yes, I'm rolling my eyes at myself)
I like the EFTA in a lot of ways, but there are some downsides I can't get over (the twisty straps that my mom can't handle, the knob adjuster, the way the cover never lies perfectly, the tether).
I'm going to get $135 for it so the way I'm looking at it is that I'm spending $75 to switch to something that will meet my needs a little better. And hey, I'm getting a 6mo newer DOM.

Anyway, I'm going to stop justifying my actions now and give you the pro/con lists as I see them

MA pros:
:thumbsup:Has latch bars
:thumbsup:.5" wider in the shoulders
:thumbsup:more covers (does have onyx:thumbsup:)

DC pros:
:thumbsup:.5'' wider and ."5 deeper seating area
:thumbsup:.75'' more crotch room in the outermost buckle position:thumbsup:
:thumbsup:.25'' taller shell
:thumbsup:Has push button adjuster:thumbsup:
:thumbsup:Has onyx and sahara covers that match the Regent & cover I have already ordered. I really like that the sahara goes well in both tan and grey interior cars.:thumbsup:
:thumbsdown: $25 more

This will be DS1's secondary seat or DS2's primary seat depending on what covers I feel like sporting.

Maybe I'll do a poll. . .

I always thought the shell of the MA and DC were the same size. Is there really more seating area?

I knew it had three crotch strap positions but I thought that the outer most slot on the DC was exactly the same depth as the MA crotch depth.

Anyone have both?

Synchro246

I always thought the shell of the MA and DC were the same size. Is there really more seating area?

I knew it had three crotch strap positions but I thought that the outer most slot on the DC was exactly the same depth as the MA crotch depth.

Anyone have both?

I'm going off the specs on the britax site /shrug.

MOM25BOYS

Haven't had the DC but love my MA's! Personally you can get more choices with covers for it and the adjuster to me is easy. Wish it was as easy as my RA was though:whistle: By the way
would you be interested in a trade for a grey set off of a Marina Husky?:) I would rather have the tan set for his Sahara cover and thought about ordering it from Britax.
I'm going to buy a tan harness set, I think. I was HOPING that there was a grey harness set out for the Regent and I'd use that for both, but there's not. That was my plan for the DC, to switch it to grey full time.
If grey ever comes out for the Reg I'll be getting it and selling the spare harnesses.:p

katiesmommy

the outermost crotch position is farther out. The middle one is a bit closer then the ma position. Definitly not everyone has had the adjuster problems, me for instance, not a problem. Also, when I measure my slots I get 17.5" on the top slot.

Synchro246

Haven't had the DC but love my MA's! Personally you can get more choices with covers for it and the adjuster to me is easy. Wish it was as easy as my RA was though:whistle: By the way
would you be interested in a trade for a grey set off of a Marina Husky?:) I would rather have the tan set for his Sahara cover and thought about ordering it from Britax.
I would be interested! How old are they? Does age of harness matter that much?

the outermost crotch position is farther out. The middle one is a bit closer then the ma position. Definitly not everyone has had the adjuster problems, me for instance, not a problem. Also, when I measure my slots I get 17.5" on the top slot.

LOL, quit making things hard for me ;)

Seriously though NOW I'm thinking of skipping these all together and getting a second Regent for my mom's car. Only I have NO clue if it will work in her Astro van.

abacus2

I vote DC. I've had one replaced due to harness adjuster problems, but my new one has been fine and Britax customer service was great about the replacement. I really like the extra padding; I think the lack of LATCH bars might make it puzzle better, although I don't own a Marathon; and the extra crotch room is nice.

Synchro246

:p Guys you aren't really supposed to pick the third option :p
Though I don't *need* a seat. . .but now I already talked to my neighbor friend & "loosing" $15 on a seat I used for 6months is not bad :p

Whatever, I'll accept silly.

Synchro246

I vote DC. I've had one replaced due to harness adjuster problems, but my new one has been fine and Britax customer service was great about the replacement. I really like the extra padding; I think the lack of LATCH bars might make it puzzle better, although I don't own a Marathon; and the extra crotch room is nice.

Reeeeeallly? So it's a case by case sort of thing? Hmmmm.

NatenMaddiesMommy

Senior Community Member
As someone who has owned all 3 (MA, DC, and BV) I would NEVER get another DC. I would totally take either the MA or BV over it. That push button harness adjuster is HORRIBLE. It may be fine on the RA, but on the DC it sucks.

After running through hoops with Britax I finally got them to swap out my DC for either a MA or BV. I chose the BV and love it just as much as my MA. I do like how there is no longer a velcro flap.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC