Correct me if I'm wrong!

PixieEMT

Ok, another tech today told me that there is a seat that goes to 100lbs in a 5pt harness that (is not a Columbia/Special needs seat)

She said she got it at BRU. That it has a 5 pt harness that goes to 100lbs> :confused:

She also said that EB seats (3-1) have a model that goes to 80lbs in a 5pt harness. :confused:

I have the list of HWH seats printed off from cpsafety. I'm almost1,000% sure that Cosco/Dorel doesn't make a seat that goes over 65lbs in a 5pt harness. ( The apex is the only model) The 3-1 models are all 40lb limits! :cool:

She swears that she has a 100lb model and I had given her a business card with my email. She said she would email me the info about our local SK chapter and the seat. So, I'm interested......

ADS

Namegirl

Senior Community Member
100 pounds in a 5-point? Not that I'm aware of.

EB harnessing to 80 pounds? Not that I'm aware of.

I think she's not reading the labels closely.

PixieEMT

Ya, she said "Well, I can't remember...my pregnant mind right now!"

I thought to my self: "I pretty much...eat , sleep and breathe car seats, and I haven't heard of any DOREL products going past 65lbs."

Makes me nervous about doing an upcoming check w/ this chapter. *sigh

elle7715

I used to think my Alphasport went to 80 lbs in the harness because they had 5-80 lbs listed on the BRU website. :eek: Thankfully I was corrected after I told someone that. But a tech not knowing? Hmmm...:thumbsdown:

BookMama

Senior Community Member
She is making the same kind of mistake that SO many parents make in thinking these seats harness to 80 or 100 lbs. And she's a tech? :eek: She needs to work on her product knowledge in general, or at the very least learn to read the labels closely. (One can only hope that she has not installed any of these so-called 80 or 100 lb harnessed seats.)

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Not to mention that most kids outgrow the Dorel seats by height before 40 pounds -- where would those straps hit on a 100-pound child?!

jwren

I think it should be law that any person selling a carseat *has* to be able to teach the parent what is correct and factual...and even read the box in layman's terms, because let's face it, this probably happens every single day... and it's a sad fact that many children are not safe due to misguided information and noone to put it in perspective...I've learned so much here that I wish I could teach the world what I know, but I know even I don't know enough... it's a sad thing that something so important as the safety of our babies is not important enough to make it a law to know...I think parents should get a ticket for not getting it right, then everyone would take the time to learn what's right, we do that afterall for everything else regarding driving safety, why aren't our children a part of that picture and when it is it's just so minimal..it's pathetic...:(

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Soooo many parents make that mistake - well-educated parents who just assume that since it has a harness and the box mentions 100 lbs, then it must be okay. :rolleyes: But for a tech...?!?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC