Fisher Price Safe Voyage Stroller

rockyfirewife

Does anyone have this? I found it online, and I'm interested in replacing my huge Graco Central Park Quattro Tour Stroller with it, but I can't find enough info anywhere to reassure me that it is actually smaller, and doesn't just look that way. All I can find is PACKAGE size, and not the stroller size. If anyone wants to share their experience w/ it or refer me somewhere w/ the info, I'd love it....I've searched and searched and searched....:eek: and still can't find what I'm looking for.

ADS

momof2kiddos

I saw a girl at the mall with it and it was pretty cute,defentily a lighweight stroller but yet a nice basket and those good things we like about a full,like paretn tray and etc...I really want to get one,as I need a new single for DS since we don't use doubles that much,we both push a single,but it only goes to 40 pounds,I need something that goes to at least 45 :(

BookMama

Senior Community Member
defentily a lighweight stroller but yet a nice basket and those good things we like about a full,like paretn tray and etc:(

I agree with this. We bought one a few months ago and I like it a lot. (Haven't used it a ton, though, and mostly indoors - this IS Michigan, after all! :D)

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I'm not familiar with the Graco strollers. It folds up a little bigger than my Kolcraft literider (I think thats what it was called). I can put it in the back of my Ford Focus wagon with one end up against the back of the seat and the other against where the door closes. That's my measure of a "small enough" stroller, cause it leaves me a reasonable amount of cargo space compared to having to put the stroller in the other way. :eek:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
That FP stroller...it's not good... discontinued, in fact. How about a Kolcraft Contours? (there's a few of them... 3 wheel, 4 wheel, lite...)

indigoblossom

That FP stroller...it's not good... discontinued, in fact. How about a Kolcraft Contours? (there's a few of them... 3 wheel, 4 wheel, lite...)

guess that's why it's only 39.99 at albeebaby.com

were these built off of one of the britax stroller model, the way the FPSV carseat was built off of the decathlon? it doesn't look like a preview, but maybe?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Nah, it was just their attempt to make a bugaboo :rolleyes: It just is crummy to push and has a teensy seat and a 33 lb weight limit, so it was unpopular the moment it hit the shelves (at $199).

mominabigtruck

I thought they were cute too, and then I checked it out on strollerswap. It has a ridiculously low weight limit and the seat back is also very low. I don't know what fp was thinking that people would pay $200 for a stroller that basically is only good for a year:confused: At least with the bugaboo you can buy all the different seats and attachments that make it last longer.

Hollyob

Is Andrea right? It *does* look like there was a mix-up in this thread. I am interested in the FPSV, but not if it is "not good" or "crummy." Also, does the FPSV recline?

Last edited:

Rosey

The FPSV stroller is great. It is smaller than big graco systems, but I suppose it is most comparable to the Graco Spree in size. It does everything I need it to do. I would call it a good mid-size with all the ammenities.

C

cbwitz

I just got off the phone with Britax and here is some more tech info on the stroller:
- stroller weight = 17 lbs
- accommodates 6 months through 40 lbs.
- one hand fold (I asked whether it was freestanding when folded, but the rep didn't know)
- has an auto head barrier (don't know what this is)
- dual rear brakes
- all wheel suspension

Does anyone know whether the Britax Companion seat fits on it?

Also, I forgot to ask whether the seat fabric is removable and washable--anyone know?

Thanks!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I don't know whether the Companion fits on it (is the Companion to the FPSV infant seat as the MA/DC is to the FPSVD? If so ... ) or whether the fabric is removable. But it is NOT freestanding when folded.

indigoblossom

Nah, it was just their attempt to make a bugaboo :rolleyes: It just is crummy to push and has a teensy seat and a 33 lb weight limit, so it was unpopular the moment it hit the shelves (at $199).

i thought she was referring to this (hence, the graco comparison): http://www.albeebaby.com/fisher-price-safe-voyage-stroller-circus-dots.html

this wasn't FPs rediculously expensive bugaboo knockoff, which i think was simply called the "infant to toddler stroller". that sure didn't stay on the market long, though...i remember seeing them in an advertisement and then seeing one in the store, checking out the weight limit and shaking my head. it was a shame, too, because i wanted one!

eta: lol! didn't read all the comments before making this one, obviously.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC