Poll, WWYD re:seat placement.

Where would you put them?

• DS1 FF center, baby RF passenger's side.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • DS1 FF center, baby RF driver's side.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Baby RF center, DS1 FF passenger's side.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Baby RF center, DS1 FF Driver's side.

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

RubysGirl

First things first, DS1 will be three tomorrow, he is 31lbs, and forward facing. Rear facing is not an option. He's not comfy in a MA rearfacing(to the point of leg pain, we spend well over an hour a day in the car), and his radian does not fit rearfacing. He'll likely stay in the radian, it fits better next to the infant seat.

I will not be buying any more seats until DS2 needs something to replace the infant seat. (primo viaggio, not the SIP model)

We must keep a shoulder belt open.

Also, I'd like input on when to put baby's seat in the car. I'm due the seventh of April, and had DS1 at 41 weeks.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
"Most protected child (that's the infant) in the least protected spot" is the rule of thumb...so FF kiddo goes in the center if possible, and I voted infant seat behind the driver because *I* find it most convenient...if it's not convenient for you, then put it behind the passenger..either way is fine :) (don't forget that the handle on that seat MUST be put down when you are driving, so make sure you have space to do that, or a 'system' to get it down before you snap it in the base, if necessary)

:)

RubysGirl

LOL, yeah, I know the most protected rule..

I'm thinking about the either putting the kids in through two doors thing, or throwing the toddler over the infant seat, since I rarely take it out.

Plus, here lately I've noticed "hints" here and there on these boards that there is some minor debate about it, so I wanted to see what the consensus was.

I have another question. Am I allowed to put something on the seatbelt to insure that it doesn't get played with/pulled out further? My belts don't lock, so I'll be using a locking clip, but there's nothing to keep the infant from messing with the shoulder portion of the belt. When DS has been outboard RF in the past, he's pulled it to him with his toes and played with it.

Could I put a plastic chip clip or clothespin on it, or maybe an old britax rf lock off on it so it can't pass through the loop easily?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC