Which Como to keep?

niccig

Recaro sent me a new Como because the harness slipped off the splitter plate. I just got the 2nd one last week. Now, there's a recall, and both seats (mine and the replacement) are affected. They'll send me a repair kit, but they've said I can keep either seat. So, do I keep the one we've been using DOM 07/2007 or the new one DOM 09/14/2007? Both of these have the splitter plate issue and the belt guide issue - so I'll be getting the fixes for those.

Thanks.

Last edited:
ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I'd keep the one with the later DOM - might as well get a little more car seat life out of the deal! If you like your original cover better, I'd switch covers, too. :twocents:

niccig

Thanks. I'll keep the more recent seat, it's only by 2 months, but who knows maybe we will need it. The covers are the same, and I've fairly sure both lock-offs won't lock the belt. We have locking belts so we're fine, but I'll get a locking clip as well. DH just loves this seat and it installs solidly in his car with no movement. As long as the fix for the splitter plate works, we're still happy with it. But I won't be buying a brand new model again. Lesson learned.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC