hip monkey carseat sale

NatenMaddiesMommy

Senior Community Member
As a professional salesman, I can just ask the following question. How many seats do you need to sell to pay for a Sponsorship here on car-seat.org? One? Two? If we're talking how many based on profit, then maybe five to six?

So, that said and knowing that your particular audience here is all about supporting ERF and what you folks are doing at the KDMF, how many extra seats and other goods do you think that you will sell if more of the users of this board know about your site and the fact that you donate some portion of the proceeds to the charitable work of the KDMF? That's the point of advertising btw, especially targetted advertising. Can you bring in an exponentially larger number of sales and profits compared to your cash outlay for advertising. In the case of this board, the advertising costs are negligible compared to the potential sales generated. Please let me know if I'm missing something here.

I can't speak for the Miller Family, but I do know that the business is in it's very beginning stages (less than a month old) and they are definitely not professional salepersons. They are still trying out different advertising avenues.

And like I mentioned, please be patient and take into consideration that it is a new business and they are expecting a new baby any day now. I will discuss sponsorship with Christine once she has adjusted to all the new changes in her life :D

But not to derail the thread any further, lets get back to discussing the sale prices. I think we all missed the boat on the great Britax prices from Hip Monkey seeing as how they just had a HUGE President's day sale. I don't think their Britax prices are going to go any lower unfortunately. But it looks like they have some really great prices on the other car seats that they carry.

Last edited:
ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
As a professional salesman, I can just ask the following question. How many seats do you need to sell to pay for a Sponsorship here on car-seat.org? One? Two? If we're talking how many based on profit, then maybe five to six?

So, that said and knowing that your particular audience here is all about supporting ERF and what you folks are doing at the KDMF, how many extra seats and other goods do you think that you will sell if more of the users of this board know about your site and the fact that you donate some portion of the proceeds to the charitable work of the KDMF? That's the point of advertising btw, especially targetted advertising. Can you bring in an exponentially larger number of sales and profits compared to your cash outlay for advertising. In the case of this board, the advertising costs are negligible compared to the potential sales generated. Please let me know if I'm missing something here.

Keep in mind that even for sponsors, advertising is only allowed in the sponsor forum and in signatures (including a single text link). We generally allow owners or staff of non-profit websites to include text links even without a sponsorship. It's cheap, but it's also not like having a banner ad.

Wineaux

Keep in mind that even for sponsors, advertising is only allowed in the sponsor forum and in signatures (including a single text link). We generally allow owners or staff of non-profit websites to include text links even without a sponsorship. It's cheap, but it's also not like having a banner ad.
Oh, I know that, but they'll have word-of-mouth advertising as well. From US! It's all about being active, getting their link out in a lot of the forums and threads, and having a Sponsorship thread that they can update with current sales, new products, etc. Visibility and word-of-mouth are the best type of advertising around. ;)

How many new members do you have here on the boards that are due to word-of-mouth advertising? See my point?

PS... Just offering friendly advice btw. I'm not criticizing. Just trying to help. ;)

jwren

Hip monkey did not advise me anything about advertising, they didn't even know I was trying to let others know about their new site.. It was the mods here that advised me of the rules as I was a new member and didn't know;)
This is probably why Hip Monkey has specifically advised customers not to advertise on the boards =)

NatenMaddiesMommy

Senior Community Member
Hip monkey did not advise me anything about advertising, they didn't even know I was trying to let others know about their new site.. It was the mods here that advised me of the rules as I was a new member and didn't know;)

Sorry...I just assumed (incorrectly I might add) that you meant Christine advised you not to advertise on the boards.

I have spoke to Christine (Kyles Mom) she answered the phone when I called looking to see if they would carry the frontier, and they will. She is such a very nice lady.
But agree wholeheartedly with the above statement :D

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I wonder if they are carrying the 35lb rear facing Marathon. I would spend the extra 20 to get the higher limit.

yes just looked and it said:
Rear Facing Child Weight: 5lbs - 35lbs.
on sale for $239

I didn't think that the 35-lb RF Marathons were out yet. Didn't someone post about a completely different shell, not just revising the RF limit?

Anyone know for sure about the 35-lb RF limit? :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC