hip monkey carseat sale

wildeyes

http://www.hipmonkey.com/store/
ALL the carseats there are on sale, MA was 239, with FREE SHIPPING!! AND the proceeds benefit the KDMF!!!
i did see teh mossy oak cover was an extra 10 tho..
:thumbsup:
and then i was poking around and saw this:
We recommend that you keep your child rear facing as long as possible within the limits of your seat and in a 5 point harness as long as possible. To learn more about this please visit the Kyle David Miller Foundation page on Extended Rear Facing and Extended 5-Point Harnessing. Up to 85% of car seats are used improperly so please always have your car seat installation checked by a Child Passenger Safety professional.

go hip monkey!!

Last edited:
ADS

Wineaux

All proceeds? A percentage of proceeds? A percentage of profits? Just looking for a little clarification.

CaseyRN

It seems that the website is founded by Kyle's mom! I couldn't find anything that said exactly how much went to the foundation, though. It's in the About Us section (bottom of the homepage)

Laurenc0101

Under the MA, they list Recommended Use for rf as 5-35 pounds. I wonder if they have the 35 pound MA? I may try to call Monday and see if they can confirm it. To support a foundation like that and get the 35 pound rf limit would be great.

jwren

I have spoke to Christine (Kyles Mom) she answered the phone when I called looking to see if they would carry the frontier, and they will. She is such a very nice lady. I wanted to post about the site here but was advised (by the mods here) not to, something about advertising (I didn't know as I was new here), so now that someone else did I thought it was ok for me to make a comment...I will be preordering the frontier from them as soon as it's available.. They do have really good sale going with free shipping and it's not just britax... From what I understand from the way it's worded, (better to clarify with them on this though) the proceeds go back into the foundation (I would imagine that any fees to run the business and operate would be excluded as well as costs for seat from the manufacturer..) Just what I got from it... I never asked though... hth..;)

Anyway it says the sale is this week only...They did have a presidents sale too though and some others here and there...Oh and I did find the return policy... it's here:
http://hipmonkey.com/store/terms-conditions/info_3.html

Last edited:

steph

I wonder if they are carrying the 35lb rear facing Marathon. I would spend the extra 20 to get the higher limit.

Wineaux

Ya' know... This is the type of site that REALLY ought to consider becoming a Sponsor here. Recipricol links and all. It would really "pay" for her to do so I think. Someone want to send her a link to the Sponsorship page here?

jwren

I would have done that but I have still not figured out where it is?:confused:

Ya' know... This is the type of site that REALLY ought to consider becoming a Sponsor here. Recipricol links and all. It would really "pay" for her to do so I think. Someone want to send her a link to the Sponsorship page here?

NatenMaddiesMommy

Senior Community Member

I'm sure that will come in time considering the Foundation's website offers links to the boards.

Please be patient and keep in mind that this business has only been up and running for about a month and that the Miller Family is expecting a new addition to their family any day now. The part where is says "Mom of 4" under the About Us is about to become very true. So needless to say she is very busy with the day to day operations of the Foundation, her home, her family, as well as this new business.

Last edited:

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
yes just looked and it said:
Rear Facing Child Weight: 5lbs - 35lbs.
on sale for $239

I didn't think that the 35-lb RF Marathons were out yet. Didn't someone post about a completely different shell, not just revising the RF limit?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

Many non-profits don't have advertising budgets to do this. On the other hand, I have seen targeted Google ads for their store recently so this may not apply. They do have a couple member accounts here and I'm pretty sure they are fully aware of the sponsorship opportunity, so perhaps they may reconsider in the future.

We already exchange links with the Foundation and have done so for some time. They also recruit technicians here to help distribute their seats and that is also welcome. The foundation does a good service and we are happy to support other non-profits involved in child passenger safety. Unfortunately, we do remove a lot of advertising done on their behalf, as it has become a unique issue over the last year or so. Usually, this is from members who are simply excited about the Foundation, but it is still a problem if everyone starts doing the same thing for their favorite organization, product, business, etc.

Unfortunately, we are a non-profit as well and have our own costs to continue our advocacy mission, so we can no longer allow free advertising. New threads like this one are sometimes allowed at the moderators discretion. This one happened to be about a specific sale and was from an established member so we decided to leave it (thank you for anyone who reported it or sent a PM). Sometimes it is a fine line separating a legitimate post responding to an inquiry about the best price or availability for a product, so we often consider the history of the poster and what they are linking.

NatenMaddiesMommy

Senior Community Member
Many non-profits don't have advertising budgets to do this. On the other hand, I have seen targeted Google ads for their store recently so this may not apply. They do have a couple member accounts here and I'm pretty sure they are fully aware of the sponsorship opportunity, so perhaps they may reconsider in the future.

We already exchange links with the Foundation and have done so for some time. They also recruit technicians here to help distribute their seats and that is also welcome. The foundation does a good service and we are happy to support other non-profits involved in child passenger safety. Unfortunately, we do remove a lot of advertising done on their behalf, as it has become a unique issue over the last year or so. Usually, this is from members who are simply excited about the Foundation, but it is still a problem if everyone starts doing the same thing for their favorite organization, product, business, etc.

Unfortunately, we are a non-profit as well and have our own costs to continue our advocacy mission, so we can no longer allow free advertising. New threads like this one are sometimes allowed at the moderators discretion. This one happened to be about a specific sale and was from an established member so we decided to leave it (thank you for anyone who reported it or sent a PM). Sometimes it is a fine line separating a legitimate post responding to an inquiry about the best price or availability for a product, so we often consider the history of the poster and what they are linking.

This is probably why Hip Monkey has specifically advised customers not to advertise on the boards =)

I wanted to post about the site here but was advised not to something about advertising, so now that someone else did I thought it was ok for me to make a comment...

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I have spoke to Christine (Kyles Mom) she answered the phone when I called looking to see if they would carry the frontier, and they will. She is such a very nice lady. I wanted to post about the site here but was advised not to something about advertising, so now that someone else did I thought it was ok for me to make a comment...[/url]

The purpose of the foundation is a very good one. Even if their new store indicated it had 501(c)(3) non-profit status, it is not relevant in terms of the advertising guidelines here. It's great to be excited over a new product, business or organization. It's not great to give that entity a poor reputation here by continually discussing them and advertising their websites, however incidental it might be. We appreciate the foundation and its goals, but that doesn't mean they are excluded from the same guidlelines that apply to everyone else.

wildeyes

fwiw... i didnt know it was FROM the foundation.. i just saw that it helped them. i had nooo idea about any of that other stuff. but thanks for leaving it up!!

<<<<<<bows head in shame for breaking the rules>>>>>

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
fwiw... i didnt know it was FROM the foundation.. i just saw that it helped them. i had nooo idea about any of that other stuff. but thanks for leaving it up!!

<<<<<<bows head in shame for breaking the rules>>>>>

You didn't break any rules;-) It was a very reasonable thread.

It's just that there has been some history with members spamming links over the last year so we monitor posts like this a bit more closely and they tend to generate reports sometimes, too. If there had been any real issue, the moderators usually just edit out links or sometimes remove a post and may then send a note as to why it was done.

Anyway, no worries at all, please feel free to discuss. The Britax sale has spurred a number of threads with comments about all the great sales and websites with deals, so this one is fine too.

Wineaux

As a professional salesman, I can just ask the following question. How many seats do you need to sell to pay for a Sponsorship here on car-seat.org? One? Two? If we're talking how many based on profit, then maybe five to six?

So, that said and knowing that your particular audience here is all about supporting ERF and what you folks are doing at the KDMF, how many extra seats and other goods do you think that you will sell if more of the users of this board know about your site and the fact that you donate some portion of the proceeds to the charitable work of the KDMF? That's the point of advertising btw, especially targetted advertising. Can you bring in an exponentially larger number of sales and profits compared to your cash outlay for advertising. In the case of this board, the advertising costs are negligible compared to the potential sales generated. Please let me know if I'm missing something here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC