Why I will not be participating in the Britax Sale...

arly1983

Because my child is huge:eek:

DH is working late so we headed to the local BRU and tried out some seats.

This is the roundabout, she had 1 in at most to grow and was 1 inch below the shell. The RA was twist tied to the stand :confused: (All the others were not.)
Picture388-1.jpg

Diplomate: she had a little less than an inch. I thought maybe the slits were lower than the slots but they were almost even.
Picture389-1.jpg

Boulevard: We really hate the headrest on this seat but just for comparison: about 3 inches tops.
Picture390-1.jpg

I tried to put her in a DC but she started to scream so....anyway, I already knew the should room was too tight anyway.

I went by the post office right before we hit BRU. I weighted her. Anybody want to guess what she weighted?

ADS

arly1983

30 lbs 2 oz

Yeah, your DS was a big boy. She is REALLY solid. She doesn't look like she weights that much but when you pick her up it is like OMG.

ZephyrBlue

Um, my 5yo weighs 31lbs, fully clothed :eek:

Camille is one solid little girl. Super cute, too! I love the binky pictures!

arly1983

Thanks,

I wish I could justify a Britax convertable (for the girly cover) but with her weighing so much, I am trying to look ahead to when she is FFing and I do not like any Britax Convertable ffing. For her I dont like them RFing either. J had slimmed out before this and he fit nicely.

mamaofthree

So cute!! Yeah, she doesn't look that heavy. Funny how some kids are just so solid, even though they aren't huge. My ds looks avg sized, but he is HEAVY. My nephew is the same way.

Kimberly

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

The pictures are sooo cute. You'd never guess she weighs 30 lb. Karley is 31 mo and is holding steady at 29 lbs. Love the fofo's. Karley calls pacifiers fofo's and those ones Camille has she calls picture fofo's. We have about 4 picture fofo's here. I'd love to get rid of them but it was give up the fofo's or potty train. We chose the latter.

steph

Ryan has been tetering aroun 30 pounds for months now!!! Hopefully her growth will slow down.

Now why don't you like the BV? I can't remember

Mama!

AWWW. Adorable!

Ds is teetering around 32-33 lbs, and almost 34 with clothes. He gained fast once we got him going, but slowed way down later and grew taller. Maybe she'll do it too! But she's adorable anyway :love:

Kat_Momof3

You know, Jeffrey was 30lbs at 1yr old, too...

on the brighter side, he didn't outgrow the marathon until he was 6.

You know why? He grew legs!

lol.

Seriously... he was a total gorilla baby (all torso, long arms, short little legs... so you could hold him with feet flat on the ground and his hands on the ground... so I called him my gorilla baby for the longest time)

Then, after he hit 40lbs, he started growing serious leg.

Now he's downright a bit leggy.

He has 1" left in the Nautilus.

So hopefully, she'll do as he did.

(Oh, and once he got to be about 18mo, that weight gain almost stopped... he was just running all the time... so he grew for awhile without gaining... didn't hit 40lbs till he was almost 4)

Sarabela

Awww she is so cute! I have big kids too. We are happy with our boulevards for the moment. When I got them I had in mind that there will be bigger and better seats out there with higher top slots and higher weight limits that I can look into when they almost outgrow these.

SarahP

I'm smiling from the other end - I was just thinking that my DD2 (youngest of 3) may not even need a regent -- at nearly 32 months she weighs in at 26 lbs and will still be RF for a while to come. That being said, I do tend to have small light children and she was a preemie -- but her marathon to 65 pounds just may take her to the teenage years ;) Your little one is adorable!
For her, the MA is the pitts. She is too wide. The BV is just right.

She is 19 months old.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC