Hubby broke one of our seatbelts :(

libranbutterfly

When hubby picked me up from work tuesday, he had his seat leaned WAY back. I asked him why, and he said he was brushing his hair (His hair is a bit longer than mine) The problem with this, of course, is that there was a RF carseat behind him. :eek: We were going to pick the girls up from childcare, so in the parking lot I tried to reinstall the seat(our Scenera). The seat belt is stuck at the position it was in. I moved the seat to the other side of the car for the trip home, and then this morning I installed her new Cowmoo RF in the passenger side seat. We got the seatbelt to go back in, but now it wont retract when you pull it out. Can we get this fixed? One of the childcare teachers told me that dealers have to fix seatbelts for free? Does anyone know anything about this?

I was also wondering if you all would use that car seat anymore. I would think that was alot of stress on the RF beltpath, before the seatbelt broke from the stress. I guess I am glad it was the scenera (although he couldn't have moved a Rf tethered MA) I am thinking I should scrap it, or maybe give it to MIL to use FF only, but of course want to keep my niece and my children as safe as possible. DH is going to be pretty mad if I need to buy a new car seat, since I just bought 2 this week, but of course I will do it if it is necissary(I can not spell this word).

Thanks for your help!

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC