Infant bucket and padding

Mommypooh

Okay I have my youngest in a BV cause he is too big for my snugride. But I do use my snugride in stores and other places for a safe place for him to be. My question is Would it be wrong of me to buy some foam to line the seat with so that he will stop screaming at me in it. He hates how hard it is. I can pull him out and he has red marks on the back of his head and on his back. THis is a very unpadded seat and i would like to make it comfortable. I will NEVER use it in a car with the padding as he is too tall for it anyways. I always have it under the seat in my van so I can use it sometimes.

I already have an emergency plan in place if we were in an accident and how we would go about getting seats so not even in an accident would i use this.

Am I wrong for wanting my child comfortable?

ADS

melniemi

If you are only using it as a carrier and not installed as a carseat, I see nothing wrong with adding padding to it.

singingpond

What could possibly be wrong with putting extra padding in the SnugRide if you are no longer using it as a safety restraint in the vehicle? I can't imagine any reason that it would be a problem, unless you add so much extra clap-trap as to create a suffocation hazard -- and that's really hard to picture. I would go right ahead and make him comfortable.

I also used our SnugRide for several months after DD outgrew it for car travel -- it made an occasional safe and clean restraint for her when I had to bring her somewhere where a stroller wouldn't fit, and where I couldn't just carry her in a sling the whole time. I didn't add padding, but only because she never complained about the SR (also a very unpadded version). I sometimes wondered whether anyone got upset seeing the infant seat sitting in my front passenger seat, sometimes FF, because that's how I happened to plop it in for transport :D.

Katrin

wildeyes

i have an expired discovery that i use for the same thing, usually out to dinner. i hate wearing her when im eating.. i'm afraid i will drop hot food on her head lol.
if the seats not gonna be used in the car, that padding will never be tested in a crash, so who cares?? i'm thinking of doing the same thing for dd2's discovery, as there is noo padding, just the cover under her tush. nice padding behind her back, but nothing whatsoever for her bum.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC