Marathon or Decathlon

Mylilboyblue

Just when I thought that I had it all figured out waiting till I find a 35lb RF limit for the MA and then buying I come to actually like the Decathlon. I was in BRU the other day and it seems the Cappuccino Decathlon is growing on me. I really like it. I was trying out the harness adjuster, and while it is no where near as buttery smooth as my RA it is still okay and I would love not to have to lift and tug, like the MA. Also I like that the outermost crotch position is a big further out than the MA's one position. BUT other than that and the fact that it is missing the latch bars...is it worth it to get it for just the cover? Does anyone really love their DC or do most end up returning to Britax for an MA. Also are they even going to keep making the DC and put a 35lb RF weight limit on it? I am hung up on the 35lb weight limit since my DS is now 20lbs at 7 months and I don't like the EFTA. Any suggestions? Insight? Ideas? :confused:

ADS

miraclebabies

I have a DC in Cappuccino and love it. I got it when my daughter was about 6months old and she used the padded inserts till she was about 10months old. She is long and skinny and fit really well in it. Now at 1yr 19lbs and 32in long she is still on the 1st set of straps, 2nd crotch settting and has alot of room to grow. I love the cover it is very plush and comfy looking. I didn't want to buy a girlie pattern cause I really didn't like the Tiffany. I would go for the DC it is so much easier to adjust the straps than my MA. IMO, I have a harder time tightening the straps since my DD is rear facing still it is hard to tighten or loosen the MA straps since you have to lift the the lever. I love the button and I have never had any problems like some people do with the DC's. Good luck, I think eather way you will be happy with the MA or DC.

ZephyrBlue

I played w/both at BRU and loved the DC harness adjuster. I don't hate the MA/BV adjuster as much as most people, though, so it wouldn't be a selling point for me, but I could see where someone would pay extra for it. And the Cappuccino cover is gorgeous!

Mylilboyblue

Thanks for replying. I really think that I want the DC. I am hoping that they raise the RF weight limits on it, but if they don't, or I can't wait 33lbs should be enough for him to make it till 2. I don't see him gaining 13 pounds too soon! ;)

bethng

I love my capp. DC (see siggy pic). I had to return my first dc to britax because it was so hard to adjust. This one is better but I really don't use it much. I don't loosen the straps to take him out. I basically just leave them in one position. He is always just in a long sleeve shirt in the car and a blanket over him if its really cold so no need to adjust the straps much. But when I do have to tighten them or loosen them its not too hard. I think when the seat is FF its much easier. My dd's dc was easy to adjust when FF. Love the crotch positions too. Came in handy for bulky cloth diapers. I would buy another dc in a heartbeat if I needed one.

mcomommy

Thanks for replying. I really think that I want the DC. I am hoping that they raise the RF weight limits on it, but if they don't, or I can't wait 33lbs should be enough for him to make it till 2. I don't see him gaining 13 pounds too soon! ;)

My dd was 20 pounds at five months and did not hit 33 till 28 months so you kiddo should make it to 2 :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC