AAARRRGGGGG! I can't believe......

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
what I allowed to happen!!!

Guess what this is:

100_0023.jpg

My lap/shoulder belt, passenger middle seat from my Windstar!!! I left Toby alone, while Mac and I went DMV. I usually unbuckle him before leaving him in the car. I don't AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENS! AAARRRRGGG!

ADS

TerisBoys

hey - that matches the passenger rear belt in my Transport!

Skylar (my lab) got bored once too! Except he didn't chew ALL the way through - it's now HIS seat.

You have my sympathies.

CandCfam

YIKES!

Pretzel would do that. She has chewed through leashes, if she were given the opportunity to chew the seatbelts, I know she would.:eek:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I know better! So the seat belt you see dangling in my sig is no longer there! I do have latch, so I can use it for Bekah, but not for my own children! I will now have to move the seat back to the back! I was told by my mechanic that I shouldn't put any more money itno my van. It has over 160,000 miles on the and needs atleast $3500 worth of work! DH stays home with the kids, I am the only one working. He works, when the kids go away for the summer, but we planned to use that money for getting his teeth fixed! AARRGG!

TXAggieTech

Seat belts are pretty cheap to replace, we usually pay between $50 and $125. DH does the work hisself, it is pretty quick and easy.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yeah, your telling me, and all Mac can say is, "I hope we can get it fixed before Endfest"

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Yep. looks like the outboard passenger seat in my CR-V too. Only a grown adult did it (DH was confused and got frustrated...) It's been like that for over a year, we don't really ever have that many people riding in th car.

zactayaus

We had that happen in my dh's '06 silverado. We were lucky. We took it to the dealer and they put it through their system as a defect in the belt and they replaced it free of charge.

ZephyrBlue

OMG. I would freak out. My puppy chews EVERYTHING, and I have no doubt he'd eat a seatbelt if left to his own devices. That sucks. :(

twokidstwodogs

It took me a minute to figure that that Toby is a dog!

One of my dogs is a chewer, though he's never done that to a seatbelt. (Note to self: keep seatbelts out of his reach.) But he has chewed through several balusters on our staircase.

I'm sorry--that's a bummer!

kathy

Hi Judi,

That is a bummer! Post what you need on craig's list and see if anyone could help you out. You never know what you find there.

You might want to check the wrecking yard in ?independence. There might be a vehicle like yours that has went to car heaven where you would feel comfortable enough getting a salvage seatbelt. Not all cars have been wrecked there, some are just tired.

Also thanks for helping Jenna with her new nauti the other day. She says she like it better than her MA. I will probably end up giving that one to Jeff and get another nauti for her. Then we'll have one of each in our vehicles.:)

amyg530

Hi Judi,

That is a bummer! Post what you need on craig's list and see if anyone could help you out. You never know what you find there.

ehh, i dont think i'd get a seatbelt off craigslist, just like a carseat you dont know what its been through, i'd want a new one, but if you have a carseat installed with latch in that spot at all times i might not be worried about replacing it

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Hi Judi,

You might want to check the wrecking yard in ?independence. There might be a vehicle like yours that has went to car heaven where you would feel comfortable enough getting a salvage seatbelt. Not all cars have been wrecked there, some are just tired.

Also thanks for helping Jenna with her new nauti the other day. She says she like it better than her MA. I will probably end up giving that one to Jeff and get another nauti for her. Then we'll have one of each in our vehicles.:)

Hey! Glad she likes it. I thought about going to the wrecking yard, just to check things out. Right now I can't afford anything, so I just won't use that seat.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
ehh, i dont think i'd get a seatbelt off craigslist, just like a carseat you dont know what its been through, i'd want a new one, but if you have a carseat installed with latch in that spot at all times i might not be worried about replacing it

Unfortunatelly, my kids refuse to sit it car seats, they are 15. The other two kids, I have maybe once a week, so I will just put the three year old there. I love latch!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC