Another happy Nautilus customer

Gena

This past weekend DS and I went to visit my parents out of state and while we were there my parents bought DS a Nautilus to replace the Evenflo Triumph V he will soon be outgrowing. He’s been in the Triumph since he was 10 weeks old (he hated the baby bucket) and will be 4 in April. He is ~37 lbs., 41 inches, and has a 15 inch torso. DS has High Functioning Autism, low muscle tone, and dyspraxia (motor planning disorder), so I plan to keep him harnessed for a good long while. He doesn’t deal well with change, so I was very concerned about how he would react to having a new carseat. I really shouldn’t have worried. DS wanted to sit in the seat even before I had it fully put together. Once it was assembled DS looked at it, sat down, and said “It’s a big boy car seat and a heavy boy car seat.” I told him that it was his new car seat because he is a big, heavy boy. DS sat in the seat while I checked the harness fit on him (second slot from the bottom) and was comfortable enough with the harness on to stay in the seat and watch two episodes of “Thomas & Friends”. (I kept asking him if he wanted to get out.)

The next morning I installed the seat in my Caravan. It was pretty easy to install with Latch and I got a good, tight fit. DS’s first ride in the carseat was the 5 hour trip home. He did great in the seat and seemed very comfortable. He liked that his sippy cup (a Thermos Funtainer) fit in the cup holder. And that was nice for me too because I didn’t have to hear “I want water” 50 times on the trip. If he wanted the water, it was right there.

All in all, we are very happy with the Nautilus. DS loves it and I find it very easy to use. I did take me a few days to get used to the front harness adjuster, since I’ve been cranking the knobs on the Triumph all these years. Even my Hubby is impressed with it and likes the way it looks, so it’s turned out to be a great product for us.

ADS

mamaofthree

Yay!!!!!! So glad he likes it. We have a Triumph too, and I love the harness knobs. My 3.5 yo is really attached to her seat, so I'm curious what she'll think of the Nautilus too.

Kimberly

Gena

Yay!!!!!! So glad he likes it. We have a Triumph too, and I love the harness knobs. My 3.5 yo is really attached to her seat, so I'm curious what she'll think of the Nautilus too.

Kimberly

I love the Triumph's harness knobs too. I wasn't the only one who took a little time to get used to the different adjuster on the Nautilus. As you know, the Triumph's knobs cause the harness straps to tighten by the hip and this is what DS was used to. The first couple of times I put him the Nautilus and the harness straps slid over his shoulders to tighten he nearly went into shock. But he got used to it pretty quickly.

mamaofthree

Oh good. Yeah, I love how there is no fussing with adjusting the Triumph harness. Just snap everything together and crank. My MA drives me crazy, even though I love how it is a comfy, quality seat. I still haven't seen the Nautilus IRL, but I can't wait to check it out. Even though it has a "regular" harness, I hear it is super smooth.

Kimberly

Mama2J

I still haven't seen the Nautilus IRL, but I can't wait to check it out. Even though it has a "regular" harness, I hear it is super smooth.

Yes the Nautilus adjuster is so easy! I never knew anything like that existed, but apparently there are a couple of seats with easy adjusters like that. I'm used to the kind where you do several tugs to get the harness tight.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC