Your Choice of seat

M

Mich

Fun Discussion

Ok if you had your choice of seat if you where 4 yrs what would it be..

Mine would defently be the Recaro Youth Sports..

Michelle

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
If I were 4 ... well, I was a teeny tiny thing (I'm still rather small, LOL) - so I'll say the Britax Boulevard

Smiles365

Senior Community Member
Well, at 4 I was pretty tall, so I would have to say the Husky, it would probably be the only one that would work for me, and being how light weight I was, I would still need the harness weight wise. Why didn't we have such nice seats when we were kids, lol! I think my youngest brother was in a car seat the longest, and that was an old style one with an overhead shield that probably isn't even legal anymore. I remember all of us in mom's station wagon not sitting properly at all, in the lap belt leaning far enough forward that we could look thru the small rust holes in the floor board and poke things thru them while we were driving. Man, things have changed since then!
~Sarah~

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yeah! I had 1 of those shield boosters - hated it because the pleather got sooooo hot & sticky.... None of my siblings ever had carseats, not even as infants. This is part of the reason it's so difficult to persuade them that letting their 6 & 8 yos lay down across the backseat with a very loose lap belt is a horrible idea *SIGH*

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
I'd want a Britax Marathon in the ashley floral pattern b/c i was a little thing then (and still am, i fit within the limits of several car seats :) )

I know terrible to pick a car seat by pattern but i like it and they do look very comfy and after all it is a britax

U

Unregistered

I don't remember WHAT I sat in when I was 4, it must be more recent for you all than me!! I was pretty small and skinny then and I think a Marathon in that lovely bandanna print would have been great!
C.

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
I'd go for a Husky, as I was probably over 50lbs at that point. Nice and comfy.

When I was four I was in a shield booster in the front seat of my dad's pickup (don't worry, this was back in the 80s so no airbag). My memory isn't good enough to figure out what model it was, though I do remember picking at the foam on the shield and getting fussed at! I also got my finger pinched when my dad closed it (he couldn't see where my wandering four year old hands were). That HURT!

U

Unregistered

80's!! No wonder you remember. Anyone know what was out there in the 60's...early 60's?
C.

KeikiHula

My mom put me in a seatbelt at 10 months. She said I kept crawling out of my carseat so she figured I was better off in a seat belt. And a lap belt no less. I also remember putting the shoulder belt behind me. Even when I was in a carseat it was FF'ing. I also remember laying down in the backseat with the lapbelt on. I thank my lucky stars I have never been in an accident.I also remember when I was a little older, 6 of us kids would sit in the backseat of my aunt's Cadilac and share seatbelts. Geez...that car was big enough we could have put 3 Husky's across the back....LOL

If I were 4 I would want a Boulavard. My 4 yr old LOVES his Wizard and the Blvd looks even better.

groovymom2000

I grew up in the early 70s, and we never had a car seat of any type...

my mom recalls that she had a little seat that she would put in the car(I guess similar to an infant carrier) but it wasn't strapped in. She definitely recalls nursing all of us while in the car--I was born in '72, brother in '74 and sister in '76. I remember distinctly crawling over the back seat to get away from my siblings(station wagon).... :eek:

KeikiHula

I was born in '79. I had a real carseat, but it was yucky. It had brown plasticy vinyl that was all cracked, so it was hot and sweaty and pinched my legs and arms. It's no wonder I always climbed out of it! lol My brother was born in '75 and I don't think he had a carseat. My dh was born in '77 and didn't have one. My MIL said all the kids would stand behind her seat with their arms around her shoulders. My dh ended up under the dash once when his dad had to slam on the brakes. I know so many people now say "I was never in a carseat and I turned out fine" but it's a wonder that so many of us are still alive!
When I was little, my dad installed carpet. We always had full size vans with no seats in the back. Half the time there was a roll of carpet that we sat on. I can remember straddling this huge roll of carpet and getting knocked off b/c the carpet rolled when we went around a corner. Definatly amazing we lived through child hood....

U

Unregistered

Shellebelle, those pictures are priceless! What a great idea to take pictures of kids in their car seats.
I think I remember my mom saying something about a seat that hooked over the seat back and kinda hung there.(?) My brothers, born '63, may have had seats that they lay flat in when they were really little.
On long trips of course (when older) we all lay down to sleep, one in the back seat and two in the back of the wagon!
C.

KeikiHula

shellebelle said:
I made an album of the seats my brother and I rode in. Older brother was born in '82, me '84, and younger brother '98. You all might enjoy these.

That is great! Thanks for sharing!! My carseat was like the Strolee in the first pics. I wonder if my mom has any pics of me in it.
So were your parents carseat nuts like we all are? LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC