How does a Regent install...

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
in a 2007 Jetta and a 2008 Sienna with the new instructions?

I'm going back and forth between the Regent and the Nautilus (we already have one each for dd and ds) for ds' primary seat.

I currently have a 2007 Jetta and we are looking at getting a Sienna within the next 6-12mo so I'm trying to think ahead.

Any input would be appreciated!

ADS

Calideedle

I have a 2003 Jetta and have my DSs Regent with recline bar outboard using the Short Belt Path. It was super easy to install. I have had to take it out a few times since 1st installing it and can get it in super easy and rock solid!

AND we were actually looking at a 2007 Sienna and the Regent installed great in the captain chairs and 3rd row. I didnt have a problem with either.

HTHs

ETA: I know Defrost on here has a how to install Regent in Jetta pics! It was really helpful and made my installs 10xs easier!

NatenMaddiesMommy

Senior Community Member
I have a 2004 Sienna and I don't think much has changed in the 2008 model. I have installed a Regent in both the 2nd row captain's chairs and in both outboard positions in the 3rd row. I haven't tried the center, but I think others have successfully done it. I've only used the SBP with the recline bar since it's for my niece who is over 50lbs.

In fact the only car seat that I've ever had a problem with is the Radian FF with the seatbelt. All other car seats I've tried install super easy and rock solid.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I think the vehicle seats have changed between '01 and now, but here's my thread on how to install the Regent/Husky with recline bar:

http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=302814&postcount=14

Does the back seat look like this (only cleaner?) :D
IMG_1552.jpg

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I have successfully installed the Regent with the seatbelt LBP, and the seatbelt SBP in the third row center in our '05 Sienna. I used the recline bar with both of those installs. I prefer the LBP because it was more rock solid, but switched to SBP after the Regent advisory came out last summer because DD1 was over 40 lbs. SBP involved twisting the female seatbelt buckle stalk to get an acceptable install and keep the buckle out of the Regent's belt path. I wasn't happy with the SBP LATCH install in the third row center the one time I tried it because there was too much movement at the belt path. I have never tried the LBP LATCH installation in the Sienna at all.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC