Britax questions........

steph

Okay on their site it says MA,BV,DC rear faces to 35 pounds has anyone heard when these are hitting the shelves. Seems kinda silly they would put it on the site if it isn't coming till Fall.

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
They are supposed to be fased in by the end of the year. I looks like it could be sooner though.

kellidarling

The owner of one of my local brick & mortar baby stores checked with her Britax rep for me early last week and she was told that all the seats currently shipping had the higher rf weight limit. BUT, I know I've seen a recent post here from someone who bought a Marathon with a DOM of 2/8 (I believe) and it was still a 33lb. seat. Maybe her seat was in one of the last batches with the lower limit...? I also called BRU last week and the guy I spoke with said their sales rep had been in the previous week and told him the new seats would begin shipping in the next 2 weeks. Of course the problem with BRU is they will have to get through all the older stock in their distribution centers first before we start seeing the higher limit seats in their stores.
I'm really hoping (along with lots of you guys I'm sure :)) that it won't be much longer. I'm dying to get V outta her Snugride and into a Boulevard, but I really want to wait and get those 2 extra rfing pounds!

dhardawa

It was supposed to be by the end of 2007.

35.jpg

35c.jpg

SillyLily

Okay on their site it says MA,BV,DC rear faces to 35 pounds has anyone heard when these are hitting the shelves. Seems kinda silly they would put it on the site if it isn't coming till Fall.

When I bought my radian, the website had it listed as having a 35 pound weight limit. It didn't, of course. I wasn't really expecting it to, but I kinda had a vague hope in the back of my mind. :(

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Someone on another board said the MA at BRU had a 35 pound sticker on it? (or maybe it was on the sales sticker on the shelf?)... I wonder if we'll start seeing them routinely after this big sale next week (all the old will be gone, new will be coming onto shelves?)

The Bjorns

ARGH! I want 35 lb, but I want the sale...what's a girl to do??? I sure hope my brick and morter stores have the newer MA in stock and participate in the sale and that they make it worth my while not to order online (assuming I can get the higher limit there). Maybe I can sweet talk them into price matching if I find the lower weigh limit online. Most likely the sales person won't even know about the weight limit difference. This suspense is almost as bad as waiting to see if DD gets a spot in my first choice preschool with my first choice schedule.

The Bjorns

Anyone know what the DOMs are for the newer seats? If the PP is correct, I guess you can't assume a DOM in 2008 is the 35 lb seat.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I have a MA with a 1/14/08 DOM. It has a 33 lb RF limit. (And you KNOW that was the first thing I checked when I opened the manual! :D ) Of course, it's been a month since then, but I have yet to hear of anyone specifically say they have a MA or DC with a 35 lb RF limit.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Anyone know what the DOMs are for the newer seats? If the PP is correct, I guess you can't assume a DOM in 2008 is the 35 lb seat.

There are 2 different manuals for different dates. For BV with a DOM after 2/6/2008 they have a 35 lb RF limit according to the manuals

http://www.britaxusa.com/support/userguides.aspx

ETA: the MA manual does not give a date yet, but the new manuals with a 35# rf limit is on the product page http://www.britaxusa.com/uploads/docs/ubgxxrkxjp.pdf

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Aw man, I shoulda waited a week! (Britax sent a MA to replace my DC - the MA DOM was 1/14 and they shipped it to me 1/17). Of course, my DC warranty ran out 1/27, so I really didn't want to wait any longer.

I don't know what you drive, but did you notice the new ones only allow LATCH to 40 lbs? This would affect you if you ahve a vehicle that say to follow child restrain instructions.

mom2riley

Diana since you are getting your seat replaced you may get a 35lb one.

ETA: The "5" in 35, that darn key is half off and never pushes down.

Last edited:

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I don't know what you drive, but did you notice the new ones only allow LATCH to 40 lbs? This would affect you if you ahve a vehicle that say to follow child restrain instructions.

I noticed that posted here somewhere (haven't looked at my seat/manual yet to confirm - I'm hoping it snuck in with the old limit ;)). I am SO not thrilled about that, because I do generally prefer to install with LATCH and our Ford Focus has a 48 lb LATCH limit. (In fact, I'm dreading the day when DS hits 48 lbs and I have to switch to a seatbelt install for his Regent ... the LATCH install is just so easy!)

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I noticed that posted here somewhere (haven't looked at my seat/manual yet to confirm - I'm hoping it snuck in with the old limit ;)). I am SO not thrilled about that, because I do generally prefer to install with LATCH and our Ford Focus has a 48 lb LATCH limit. (In fact, I'm dreading the day when DS hits 48 lbs and I have to switch to a seatbelt install for his Regent ... the LATCH install is just so easy!)

You are fine in the Focus since they specify the 48 lb LATCH limit. YOu would use it to 48 lbs even if the manual says 40#. The limit in the manuals are there for people who have cars that do not state limits ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC