Trip

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I'm going on my 1st entire weekend away from my 3 y.o. *SIGH* We're both ready for it, but I'm nervous :eek: She's staying with my parents & since my dad has nerve damage & my mom's arthritis might act up (the weather forecast is colder & rainy), I decided to take out the Wizard for them - my kiddo will have to use the LapTop & Parkway while I'm gone.... My dad finds the LapTop easier to buckle securely & my finds the Parkway easier - they'll carry both in the trunk so they can use whichever works best at any given time. I know Leila knows how to sit still properly for the short trips they'll be taking & I know my parents will keep her in the middle (they have the '05 Prius with shoulder belt side curtain airbags), but I still worry :( I just wish I could trust them to be able to use the Wizard correctly - for safety while I'm gone & also because I wonder if, when I get back, I'll have to deal with another crash test game (or worse?!) to prove again to my 3 y.o. why the Boulevard in my car is not going to be replaced with a booster yet *SIGH* So, I don't really have any questions - I'm confident that I've made the right choice as far as taking the trip & that my parents will be able to properly buckle their granddaughter & that she'll remain properly seated ... I'm just a worrywart! I know she'd be safest in the Wizard if they could manage it & I feel like I just need some words of support so that I can enjoy my 1st ever weekend getaway without worrying about the "whatifs" - THANKS :)

ADS

j4m4d8

Don't worry, have a great trip!
You know you made the right decision choosing the seats you could be sure your parents will be able to use correctly. My mom has arthritis, too, and when it is bad she cannot release the harness buckles on our car seats. I guess she'd use them properly, but they'd never be able to get out! And if they can't tighten the harness correctly your daughter would be in much more danger than in the Laptop or Parkway.
I wouldn't worry too much about your daughter not wanting to ride in the Boulevard. She won't be riding around a lot anyway, and besides, you know how to convince her to choose the safest option. :)
Please relax and have a good time!
Julie
(And think, one day she is going to drive off in a car by herself! Now that's a scary thought!)

KeikiHula

Morgan used the BG when we were in WA for 2 weeks on vacation and had no problem going back to his Wizard when we got home. He asks where his "big boy seat" or "booster seat" is almost everyday (he knows it's at grandma's), but says in my car he sits in his "baby carseat". He doesn't even question it, and has no problem that his Wizard is a "baby" seat.
So where are you going? Are you going with your dr friend? :D
I've never had more than a night away from either of my kids, and that was only b/c I was my friend's labor coach and the baby was born at 3:30am. I don't remember what alone time is like...LOL I can't even remember the last time I pee'ed by myself.... :rolleyes:

bazanna

Senior Community Member
Wrenna uses a booster in my folks' car and the Laptop in my sister's and niece's cars and she still goes back to the Husky with no problems. Granted, she is 5, but she does ask to use a booster full time and my answer is just an emphatic NO, yanno? LOL! I tell her the Husky is safer and then the next time she goes with grandma she tells her (my mom) that she's not safe in their car. I swear I can't win for losin' sometimes ;)

It will be OK. When she is 20 you will not remember this as a significant issue, I promise. :)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Thanks Everyone

I managed to read your posts just before I left, but decided not to post until I returned.... You're right - I'm sure there are many other things to come in the future that will definitely shadow this, LOL! Leila did great without me & I don't think it could've gone any better! :D I feel sooooo much better about making some long awaited regularly scheduled "ME" time from now on ;)

I'd gotten my 1st oil change, tire rotation & basic inspection just before I left - they broke my car :mad: I was stuck on the side of the HWY for over an hour waiting for the tow truck @@ But, yes, the trip was with my Dr. friend (did I mention that we've moved in together & we're talking about growing our family?) ... I called him - he was already down there because his mom just got out of the hospital - he bought me a bus ticket & drove me home last night. It was a fantabulific minivacation!!! We camped on the beach then got the "Romance Package" at a hotel *SIGH*

So, this morning I got my rental car & Leila was very happy to get in her Wizard - no worries! Thanks again for being supportive =)

Smiles365

Senior Community Member
Glad you had a good weekend, what's me time like, I haven't had that in a long time, lol! Sorry about your car, what did they do to it? Hope you get it back soon!
~Sarah~

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
No kidding - it seems like a dream, this "me time" thing, LOL ... I could hardly believe it was my life, LOL :p

Anyway, I haven't heard yet what happened, but it was AOK before the oil change - I'm guessing they either drained it & forgot to refill it, or left the cap off so it leaked out @@ Doh! :mad:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC