New Cosco Pronto hb booster

monzogary

Senior Community Member
I saw the new Cosco Pronto booster at Walmart last night. While it seems to adjust nice and tall, I read the manual and it has the stupid requirement of having head support provided by the vehicle. Why do they keep doing this?? So much potential for misuse. I don't know how exactly how tall it is as I didn't have a tape measure with me, but it seems to be at least as tall as the Evenflo Big Kid.
Pronto at highest setting
0218081901.jpg

Big Kid at highest setting
0218081901a.jpg

Full view of Pronto
0218081900-1.jpg

All in all, it felt very flimsy. But for just under $30, if you have headrests or tall seat backs, a cheap secondary seat or a spare for car pooling.

ADS

MomToEliEm

Thanks for the pictures. I hadn't seen that booster yet.

It doesn't look like it has much protection in the wings area. I really wish Cosco would get their seats working were they don't seen vehicle support behind the head. Most people never read that part of the instructions so they don't realize this booster might not be a good fit for their car with low seatbacks.

scatterbunny

I tried H in this seat on Sunday. It does adjust nice and tall (no measurements, though, but I remember being surprised), and the overall design she did not find uncomfortable (seat depth, width, etc), but it was very unpadded, the wings were very shallow and it has the stupid headrest rule! :mad:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC