Baby Buckets Anyone?

ADS

mish

Our hospital was using this as a loner seat until I started working here. I about passed out the first time I saw someone use it. They have since gotten a much better one.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
My friend's DD, born in '96, had one just like that. The hospital gave it to her. It was certainly not very plush, but it was the only seat they had so they used it (or rather mis-used it).

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I borrowed one of those from a friend's coworker for a trip when my ds was 6 months...thought it had a cloth cover, maybe it did, but the seat shell was the same. I didn't understand the harness thingies in the back, and just tied the ends together as it seemed more secure. Then an older and wiser friend of mine installed it FF for one trip, saying she didn't 'trust' rf seats... ay yi yi...

monzogary

Senior Community Member
I love all these old infant seats that had the "crotch" buckle out by the babies feet. What were they thinking?? Of course, the 3 pt Arriva still isn't much better imo.

DabOfLoven

I love all these old infant seats that had the "crotch" buckle out by the babies feet. What were they thinking?? Of course, the 3 pt Arriva still isn't much better imo.

There was a girl I know who had coustody of a newborn for a couple weeks. The carseat she had buckled at the feet like that. She claimed she had just bought it at walmart. It did look new. This was a couple years ago. I didn't know alot about seats then, I knew enough to have mine installed correctly and to use it correctly, but that was about it. I ended up letting her use my DD's Evenflo Portabout. Now I wish I knew what kind seat it was!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC