Cosatto (Avalon) Diablo stroller....

indigoblossom

Cosatto (Avalon) Diablo stroller....UPDATED

update below in comments...

anyone in the states have one?

amazon and walmart offer them and i just ordered one from amazon because it looks so cool and UK reviews seem to really compare it to maclarens (which i love).

but i wonder if maybe i'm spoiled with the macs and this won't zip and zoom as well maclarens. also, i couldn't find the max. weight limit capacity anywhere, so if anyone has one and could let me in on that, i'd appreciate it.

isn't it cool looking???

41byxs1HZ6L._SS500_.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

indigoblossom

That's wild, I was JUST noticing this one yesterday and the 'cosatto' name on it, which I thought was the UK name for Inglesina (Avalon is, to put it nicely, not the best brand here...usually cheap stuff from Baby Depot) http://www.amazon.com/Avalon-Dixie-..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=081M2M0GGEW970G9PWBQ

yeah i know...BUT i do have to say that when my 12 year old was a toddler, avalon did make one heck of an awesome umbrella stroller (i hadn't heard of macs back then) that actually hd an umbrella, rolled around nicely without getting stuck, had high handles and was just overall awesome! when i had my two year old i went to baby depot and was disappointed at what i saw under the name avalon. so i don't know...i'm hoping that cosatto is better? on UK boards, this thing rates around an 8, whereas macs are getting between 8.5 and 9 on a scale of 1-10, so it can't suck that bad. lol! if it does, maybe the fact that it looks cool will pay off ;)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Well, I'm quite tempted to try one.... still love my mac volo...so much that I don't like to gate check it at airports, lol... or if I got one of these and liked it better, then I'd check the volo :D

indigoblossom

Well, I'm quite tempted to try one.... still love my mac volo...so much that I don't like to gate check it at airports, lol... or if I got one of these and liked it better, then I'd check the volo :D

well if no one else chimes in, i'll definitely give my report once we get ours. i'm keeping the volo for travel but i don't really like it for an all-the-time stroller. and since i have the silver one, i wouldn't gate check it, either (though i do have a bag for it...hmmm, maybe i would). we travelled with our mac ryder before i got the volo and it wasn't bad, but i think the cosatto might be heavier, not sure.

Last edited:

indigoblossom

okay, so this arrived today and there aome pros and of course cons (but mostly pros)!

it says cosatto everywhere but has the avalon 800# on the manual. no registration card but i think i can register on cosatto's website for the four year warranty *if* it's available to US residents.

there was some minor damage intransit (the box has a burn hole, which caused a minor burn on the back of the hood) so i need to call avalon tomorrow for a replacement AND to verify the biggest con of them all...the manual says the max. weight is 15kg, which is 33 pounds!?!?!?! this is very disappointing since some of the pros are that this stroller is wider and taller than any maclaren i've ever seen. it seems like it could accommate a much larger child, but maybe not a much heavier one. i'm pretty disappointed about that because my two year old is probably close to 30 pounds already.

anyhow, i have to do dinner now but will post with pics and a better review tomorrow.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC