RF Scenera...

daycaremom2002

Wasn't sure which forum to put this in. I have a large 2.5yo who fluctuates between 31 and 33 pounds. She is almost to the top slots FF in her moms car. Her mom won't turn her back RF, but I would in a heartbeat if she still fit. I could easily put her RF in the MA, but with her hitting 33 pounds occasionaly, I don't want to push it.

My question: Is it possible for a child to still fit RF in a Scenera when she is almost too tall FF? I do have access to a Scenera, and I will get it and try if you think it might work out.

ADS

Nisha

Does she use the senera in her mom's car? Since the harness needs to be at or below her shoulders, that shouldn't be an issue but how high up does her head come to the top of the shell?
I think her head needs to be at least an inch below the top of the shell RF, correct? (I've never used my senera RF so I didn't pay attention to that part)

Does she use the senera in her mom's car? Since the harness needs to be at or below her shoulders, that shouldn't be an issue but how high up does her head come to the top of the shell?
I think her head needs to be at least an inch below the top of the shell RF, correct? (I've never used my senera RF so I didn't pay attention to that part)

yep 1" inside the shell - i went to rep you for that, but i pressed enter too soon, so it will read "y" i was going tto say "yep you're learning, great comment" so that's not a bad "y". :)

daycaremom2002

Yah, I knew the 1" rule. Has anyone ever seen a child who could still sit RF in a seat actually outgrow it FF first?

I guess I am just going to have to go get the seat from storage and see. I am not sure if she is below the shell FF or not. Once I get a recline on it though, she may not have as much room RF.

TerisBoys

Heightwise, if the Scenera is anywhere close to the Touriva, it's very possible.

My middle son could RF in a Touriva AFTER he outgrew his FPSE by height FF!

Another example would be the Century Accel/Graco ComfortSport - low low top slots, but a nice high seatback for ERF.

daycaremom2002

Thanks. I will go get it from storage then and try it out.

Actually, now that you typed that, I don't know if it is a Touriva or a Scenera. I will have to look. How long ago did they change?

TerisBoys

ETA - I was way off - according to the SBS pictoral guide, the Scenera came out in 2005.

They still make Tourivas too - my Big Lots has them with 10/07 DOM.

amyg530

i doubt the child will fit RF in a scenera if shes alnost to big to FF in a MA. DS1 outgrew the scsnera RF at 24 mo and still fits the MA RF

daycaremom2002

She still fits the MA RF. She is almost to tall for the harness FF in the Scenera. I will have to look at how she fits this week.

daycaremom2002

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to get to storage. If everything works out right, I should have it tonight. I will try to take pics and let you know.

mommy2zander+baby

Senior Community Member
I'm also interested to see... I'm betting she will fit (with the inch to spare above the head) rear-facing! I think sometimes the seat being reclined changed how the kids fit in the seats... Zander road in the scenera rfing until he outgrew rfing in it by weight & he was close to the top slots when forward facing!

I'll cross my fingers for you! I love extended rear-facing & it's my experience that the kids love it too! :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC