naked decatholan

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
As a matter of fact, I do happen to have pictures of a naked DC and FPSVD side by side. (The kids weren't in the room, I promise. :D )

Now, let's see if I can do this right ... I haven't posted pictures before.

From the back - the DC is on the left, FPSVD on the right (didn't take a pic from the front, for some reason):
DCandFPSVD.jpg

Foam padding - notice how the padding on the FPSVD is twice as thick:
DCFPSVDfoam.jpg

DC foam insert:
DCfoam.jpg

FPSVD insert - note that it's the same # as the DC insert, and they both say Marathon!
FPSVDfoam.jpg

While inspecting the two seats, the only differences I could find were these:
-the base is different
- the FPSVD has three slots for the crotch buckle, but two are taped over and say do not use
-the FPSVD has more padding!
-the FPSVD has the standard lower LATCH hooks instead of the Britax alligator style

The actual shell - including harness slot heights - really does seem to be the same in both seats.

And here's how my almost 7-year-old DS fits in his sister's seats - just about the same in both seats!

BBDC1.jpg

BBDC2.jpg

BBFPSVD1.jpg

BBFPSVD2.jpg

(And just for fun, here's how he fit in the Scenera that I bought to use while Britax was replacing the DC with a MA. Let's just say that I bribed him with Whoppers that night! :p)

BBScenera2.jpg

BBScenera.jpg

(Edited to fix pictures per Crunchy's great directions!)

Last edited:

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Can anyone tell me *very specifically* how to add pictures so that the actual picture, rather than the link, appears in my post??

crunchierthanthou

You click the IMG line in photobucket, rather than the direct link. If it's not from photobucket (or not already tagged with the IMG code), then you click the little yellow box that looks like a mountain when you're replying and paste the url in the box that pops up.

so, instead of pasting this into your reply

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c266/taruff/DCandFPSVD.jpg

you paste

(img)http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c266/taruff/DCandFPSVD.jpg(/img)

- but replace the ( ) with [ ]

DCandFPSVD.jpg

ps, thanks for the pictures. :)

BookMama

Senior Community Member
You click the IMG line in photobucket, rather than the direct link. If it's not from photobucket (or not already tagged with the IMG code), then you click the little yellow box that looks like a mountain when you're replying and paste the url in the box that pops up.

so, instead of pasting this into your reply

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c266/taruff/DCandFPSVD.jpg

you paste

(img)http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c266/taruff/DCandFPSVD.jpg(/img)

- but replace the ( ) with [ ]

DCandFPSVD.jpg

ps, thanks for the pictures. :)

Thanks, I had a feeling it was something that simple.

And you're welcome for the pics. I always love to post pics. :)

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Do they have the energy absorbing rip stich tethers?

Without going outside to check the FPSVD (sorry, it's COLD! :eek:) I'd say no. And isn't the energy-absorbing rip-stitch tether a fairly new thing? My FPSVD has a DOM of around 5/06, so I think it would be too early. And I'm pretty sure my DC (dom 11/06) didn't have it either.

Simplysomething

I wouldn't doubt that the rip stitch tether was something only used on the Britax seats--and was a feature you'd have to pay for, kwim?

I'm pretty sure neither of my FPSVD's have it (March and June '07 DOMs, iirc).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC