Now I think I've seen it all

jwren

Today while picking my 4yr old up from preschool, I witnessed another 4 yr old (smaller than my son) getting into the front seat of his mom's suv. They sat there for a while, then left. I asked my son's teacher if I just saw what I think I saw and she said, "yes I know, but she does have a backless booster there and the airbag is one that can be shutoff.." and she then said, "I know but still, I wouldn't put my kids in like that"...then she rolled her eyes and then smiled at me and said "I'm like you, keep em safe"

I have to get those pdf's printed. I need to put ink in my printer, than I am making copies to share, these mommy's have no clue how much danger they are putting their kids in.. :thumbsdown:
Gosh I hope they have no clue, I would hate to know they knew better and still did this... :(

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I made a 1 page flyer for National Child Passenger Safety Week that my DD's school handed out to every child in grades PreK--2nd ... then I also wrote a blurb for the opinion page of our local newspaper calling out (anonymously) those caregivers who put their small children in the front when the back is empty, etc. :whistle: I got a call from 1 of our local radio stations to speak on air the following week :thumbsup:

jwren

Wow that's awesome! Let us know how that goes... I would love to hear if that changes anyones thinking...I know it did mine..I almost bought a booster. I didn't know any better. When the peditricians office is telling you to get them, what else are you suppose to do. My sisters peditrician actually made her take her son out of his marathon last year (he was 3 1/2 and she put him in a Graco Turbo booster) I called Britax to see if my son was also too big they said only when the ears are over the back or shoulders are above the top slots...My son who has always been bigger than my nephew is still in his and fits fine except the crotch strap, which is why we are looking to get a new seat..;)

I found a few handouts here so that's what I plan on handing out...

I made a 1 page flyer for National Child Passenger Safety Week that my DD's school handed out to every child in grades PreK--2nd ... then I also wrote a blurb for the opinion page of our local newspaper calling out (anonymously) those caregivers who put their small children in the front when the back is empty, etc. :whistle: I got a call from 1 of our local radio stations to speak on air the following week :thumbsup:

But i bet they have a nice stroller??

Just now i was out a the shops up the road, and saw a car pass with a small head bobbing up and down, in the front passenger seat, with no seat belt, no car seat, aged 14-18months....Argh i wish i got her plate, i would have reported her.

jamesmommy

My son's preschool is across the street from the police station, and yet the things I have seen there in the parking lot are shocking. The worst I have seen so far was last week, and I wish I had gotten a plate number or something. I was in my van (my son is on a different schedule than most the kids), and a family was getting into the small car beside me. I glanced over as they were backing out, and saw a 4-5 year old in the front seat , NO SEATBELT, and a maybe 1-1/2 year old standing in the floorboard of the backseat, no child restraints at all. They were backing out, and I couldn't get their attention, and I haven't seen them since. I hope that it was a one time deal, maybe a sitter or something, but I want to say something if I see them again. Any suggestions? I had thought about stopping at the police station and seeing what they suggest.

jwren

Too bad you couldn't get the licence plate, I am thinking next time I see something like that I am reporting it...I've noticed myself trying to look inside cars now when I see people getting in with little ones just to see what they have them in, if anything, maybe I will just carry a stack of copies of the handout and stick it on their windshield.... I guess I am becomming a little obsessive.. lol:eek::D

My son's preschool is across the street from the police station, and yet the things I have seen there in the parking lot are shocking. The worst I have seen so far was last week, and I wish I had gotten a plate number or something. I was in my van (my son is on a different schedule than most the kids), and a family was getting into the small car beside me. I glanced over as they were backing out, and saw a 4-5 year old in the front seat , NO SEATBELT, and a maybe 1-1/2 year old standing in the floorboard of the backseat, no child restraints at all. They were backing out, and I couldn't get their attention, and I haven't seen them since. I hope that it was a one time deal, maybe a sitter or something, but I want to say something if I see them again. Any suggestions? I had thought about stopping at the police station and seeing what they suggest.

MOM25BOYS

I have watched now for the past few days in disbelief as I wait in line to pick up my DS#1 from school. There is a lady who comes and picks up a young boy at the front of the school as I am waiting in the long line. She opens the hatch part to her Pontiac Vibe and he crawls in and sits in the back behind the seats!!:eek: As she backs out into the traffic all I can do is just cringe at the fact someone is actually putting there child in that kinda of danger!! The young boy looks to be about 7 or 8 years old and I don't know if it is the mother or a babysister who is picking him up!!:thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC