Opinions Please!

blurofur

I need a safe lightweight umbrella stroller for travel. I have the peg perego p3 but don't want to lug it in the car for road trips.

Any suggestions on small but good stollers? I am not looking to spend tons of money, but don't want one with just a lap belt either.

I would really appreciate hints on where it is best to get good deals, too!

Thank You!!

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I really like my Chicco Capri umbrella stroller. It has a 5-point harness, a slight recline (very slight, but still adequate), and handles high enough that I can push it. I paid $60 for it. :)

lovinwaves

So is this for road trips only? Any features important to you? Do you need a recline?

Maclaren Volo
Rock Star Baby Candy
Espirit Sun Speed
Inglesina (any of theirs)
Quinny Zapp
Uppa Baby G-Lite

TnT's Mom

We have a Maclaren Volo lightweight stroller and we love it...we got ours last year as a closeout when the new year models were coming out. I did a quick search and it looks like the 2006 Volo's are on sale a few places for 79.99. It is very lightweight and folds up easily for travel. It is a more mesh type seat but it fits my son almost sling/hammocky like if that makes sense. Our only problem we are starting to have is he is tall for 3 and since last year he must have had a height growth spurt so his head is a bit high on the back but all in all he still fits fine in it...we just traveled to Florida and unless he was being nudgy and putting his feet down to stop it:rolleyes:, it pushes easily with a 40 pound child in it! I actually came here looking for advice last year and the Volo was highly recommended.

blurofur

I have to confess I do not know a lot about the different features. My DS is 9 months old and he likes to see out, but I guess he would nap if it reclined. So it is not critical but would be nice.
I am saying this is for road trips, but again if I get something I love I might use it all the time. lol. What do you think is the best stroller out there? I intially was thinking I would get a very cheap umbrella stroller, but I don't think I would be happy with that.

lovinwaves

Oooo now we're talking :D

Ok, do you have a budget in mind? For an all around stroller I love strollers with airtires. That way you can take them outdoors, and indoors with a niiice ride. Of course there are some strollers with nice suitable wheels for outdoor use too. At his age and for your only stroller I would recommend something with a nice sunshade, recline, and room to grow.

TnT's Mom

I am thinking you will want more recline then the Volo then. It actually doesn't have recline. I should have asked how old your son was:eek:. But down the road when he is older I still recommend the Volo:). I did try out I think a Maclaren Triumph (which I believe did recline) but it didn't seem to have as much height to it to support my son's head but he was 2 when we purchased our umbrella type stroller.

blurofur

Room to grow sounds like a good idea. I was not planning on spending over $100. Which strollers have airtires?
Do you think the peg p3 is a good stroller? it is really the only one I have experience with. It is nice enough, but I can't say I am thrilled with it. DO they get a lot better than that one?

blurofur

I am thinking you will want more recline then the Volo then. It actually doesn't have recline. I should have asked how old your son was:eek:. But down the road when he is older I still recommend the Volo:). I did try out I think a Maclaren Triumph (which I believe did recline) but it didn't seem to have as much height to it to support my son's head but he was 2 when we purchased our umbrella type stroller.
I guess i have some shopping to do. I never thought about the height of the seat back.

blurofur

I really like my Chicco Capri umbrella stroller. It has a 5-point harness, a slight recline (very slight, but still adequate), and handles high enough that I can push it. I paid $60 for it. :)
I was looking at this one at the store. Does it fold down nice and small?

lovinwaves

With a $100 budget you are going to be limited(in regards to air tires), unless you can find some used strollers.

Here are some strollers $100 and under.

Graco IPO
Mia Moda Cielo
Mia Moda Facile
Chicco C6
Combi (Great if you are short)
Mia Moda Spirito
Inglesina Swift

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I was looking at this one at the store. Does it fold down nice and small?

Yup! :D

It folds down to the same size as any small umbrella stroller. :)

It is not nearly as nice as a Maclaren, Baby Planet, Peg, or other "high-end" stroller, but it serves my needs quite well. :)

TnT's Mom

We did have a Combi city savvy or something like that before the Volo and I did actually like it when ds was smaller but it became very difficult to manuever as he got bigger and heavier which is when I moved him to the Volo which seems to steer and push easier with a heavier child. DH did not care for the Combi as he is 6'1" and he felt hunched over when pushing it and also kicked the back wheels when walking...I never had that problem but I am only 5'5".

lovemyfamily

The P3 is pretty light. But if you are looking for light and quality, you cannot beat the Maclarens. I have the Ryder and Techno, both are great strollers.

chloespurple

Senior Community Member
I was going to recommend the Mia Moda Facile. It is under $100 and has an adjustable canopy, adjustable calf support, 4-position seat recline, front wheel suspension and swivel lock wheels.
But, it only goes up to 40#.

blurofur

Thanks for all the help!
I ended up getting a floor model Maclaren volo (saffron). I think it might be a 2006 model. It was a great deal; I got it for under 60 bucks and it looks brand new.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC